Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

+1
    A good way to make sure you make the flat face exact is if you put the new and old shaft to shaft the flat spot is opposite like a mirror but if you keep the new sensor at fully closed and the old full 90 open it positions the area perfectly for making the mark to get the flat face exact. I made a super easy jig to make sure both were true and level with the lock stakes. Shorten the shaft til the slot is and it's perfect. Hope it helps the availability and prices are completely insane. I ordered mine from my go to for all my electronic and circuit needs. Arrow and I think digikey had them too.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdill View Post
    Oh yes honeywell provides all technical specs on thier website then I confirmed before installing. Works perfect. I was getting a failure to return to idle almost a runaway scenario.
    Idle voltage check is done with the TPS installed and powered by 5 volts (EMM service power jumper in place)..

TPS output at idle should be about 0.370 volts, ranging to maybe 0.470 volts, with throttle lever released and a tiny bit of slack in the throttle lever cable.

Wide open throttle lever squeeze should provide about 4.5 to 4.7 volts TPS signal, IIRC.

+1
    Yes the sensor provides 4.7-5v max. The potential is 0.3-5v over 90 in 1 increments.

+1
    To be clear this is the current version of the exact sensor chosen by the manufacturer. Invensys is gone was taken over by Schneider electric who was purchased by honeywell. It just does not have the basic requested shaft specifics as ordered by the manufacturer. The model number I provided needs to be used. There are many variations clockwise counter cw, 3 pin,180 with my background I was able to know what It was and what i needed. Just sharing my end result to save everyone from paying for a housing and markup from the massive inflation.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Excellent work! Lakeside Tech was going to make the TPS investigation a priority come winter, now I don't have to

I wonder what the minimum order quantity is for the version with the flat. And I wonder if someone still has the ability to make the molded housings.

Could you share a photo of your machining jig, and a photo or two of how you marked the shaft for the flat?

+1
    Honestly I did this at the lake on my deck with 2 pcs of deck board with a notch cut for the shaft. I used some prussian blue applied to the face of the old sensor and perfectly aligned them leaving the unmarked spot free of color. Wasn't happy with that so I had a fine exacto knife with them perfectly set was able to create the profile.then with my calipers I created the same guidelines on the neck. The prussian blue then was handy is keeping the lines visible. Carefully with a steady hand and care used my neighbors dremel lol. I had close straight discs and had the foresight to protect the threads. It requires the face be made right upto the threads. This was a lazy day project and had I been home the real tools would of had the same result. I was hyper analytical and was able to perfectly recreate the face. I dont think it's a matter of m.o.q. It requires business relationship and cheddar to have personal development to your specs. If someone has a mill this could be done in seconds with a proper jig setup for this purpose. 3d printing and a learned programmer could easily make the housing. As for pics I just had those to show my brother as we always giving visual to what were talking about and the finished product was for one of my sons who had gone home with the wife lol

+1
    This is great. One more obsolete part that is no longer unobtainable. Koodos for figuring this out. Every time I put $ into my Genesis I worry about whether or not I should be spending it on a machine that is so difficult to find parts for, not to mention the prices of the hard to find parts. The problem is, my daughter and I love the Genesis so much we can't bear the thought of not fixing it. This helps to ease my mind. Thanks for the information.

+1
    One question. Does the flat spot you created happen to be parallel to the factory slot in the shaft? That would certainly make things easier.

+1
    Haha that would be awesome. It actually can trick your eye. But I did it in reverse of how I'd do it now as it was my prototype. Grind the shaft down until that slot is gone.That corrects the shaft length. Then create your face. You could thinking now drill and pin or set screw the t body lobe adapter and make the sensor input round too. I ordered a mill from harbour freight yesterday while in the states picking up parts for my virage i

+1
    It was a must. It was occasionally sticking at high rpm and my kids were banned until I felt it was cured. Tried everything searched and searched for 1 listing for $499usd. That was enough like a challenge. All parts were on the market and existing prior to manufacture. Rarely do they spend millions on r & d and prototyping when they can call up a supplier and give them the exact specs they need. We do not have the clout or purchasing power to have a company cater to our exact needs. When it applies start with what they did prior to a run of application specific requirements.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information