Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Need help!!! GTI hull insert upgrade

Hello guys,
    I have a 2011 seadoo GTI with a 260hp engine inside.
    Actually, I am using a small carbon ring (for 130hp skis) with a thick drive shaft (260hp engines) because my original hull insert (part 293450304) cannot be used with 260hp carbon ring and bellows.
    I use also the support ring (carbon ring hat) from the 260hp carbon ring kit so I plan to upgrade the complete setup with the carbon ring and bellows from a GTR/RXP260.
    For that, I need to change my hull insert with the part 293450316 which is used on a GTR. Do you agree?
    My insert is screwed and glued. How can I install the new insert? Do I have to align with a particular tool? Can I just remove the old one and screw the new one on existing holes?
    I have found on Jerry store a tool but I do not know what purpose it is used for? It is the Seadoo Thru Hull adaptator tool (part 529036193). Maybe you can explain me?
    Thanks a lot for your help
    Fabrice
    Last edited by Faflux31; 10-10-2018 at 08:24 AM.

yes use the gtr insert.
    if you are super fussy with the alignment, align the engine to the existing insert using the through hull attachment, the remove the gti insert and with the attachment on the shaft align the insert to the engine and glue and screw it down.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by winterstick View Post
    yes use the gtr insert.
    if you are super fussy with the alignment, align the engine to the existing insert using the through hull attachment, the remove the gti insert and with the attachment on the shaft align the insert to the engine and glue and screw it down.
    Thank you very much for your quick reply.
    I'm not sure I understood everything! I have to glue and screw the new insert on the hull using a special tool on the shaft once the transmission is properly aligned. Is it correct? Which tool is required?

What is exactly the Seadoo Thru Hull adaptator tool used for (part 529036193)?
    https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...oducts_id=2483

Not sure it can fit my hull insert!

Thanks

pretty sure thats the tool, i made my own to suit std and seadoo centre billet insert.

+1
    Is there anybody who can confirm if the thru hull adaptator tool is mandatory to upgrade my GTI to GTR hull insert?
    It is glued and screwed, so maybe I can only remove the old one then screw the new one.

The thru hull adaptator tool 529036193 is mentionned on the shop manual for RXT 2010/2011 but the hull insert is different.

+1
    The screwed and glued 2 piece thru hull will fit in place in the hull. Look at the outside of hull, the outer piece has pretty much same shape as the hull.

The adapter tool is used to guide the alignment bar through the center of thru hull during engine alignment.

+1

Thank you for your answer Erik! I have not understood why you said that it is a 2 piece thru hull. It is only one part screwed and glued. (part 70 on the picture)

Could you confirm that I have well understood your reply? The adapter tool is only used to align the driveshaft at the center of the thru hull fitting, not used to replace the thru hull, correct?

So I have only to remove the old one and screw the new one ?
    Indeed, the outside part of the insert goes inside the tunnel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	canvas.png 
Views:	154 
Size:	190.4 KB 
ID:	440209  

+1
    Item 70 is the newer one piece style used from 2012 and on. Older models have a 2 piece which screws together. It should be in that RXT manual from 2011.

+1

Hi guys,
    I really need your help!
    I had some troubles trying to install my new GTR hull insert.
    First, after removing the old GTI hull insert, I was surprised that the hole in the hull does not allow to install the GTR hull insert directly. I thought that both GTR and GTI have the same hull, looks strange.
    As you can see on the pictures, the outer part (OD) of the GTR hull insert is bigger than the GTI hull insert.
    I sanded the hole in the hull to be able to introduce the new insert, then glued/screwed the part.
    When I put the drive shaft in place, I can see that it is not properly centered. I have checked in the seadoo manual but I have not seen any comments about this procedure.
    Do you know if there is a specific tool to use? Do you have any remarks that can help me?
    Thanks a lot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0157.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	440483   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0160.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	440484   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0159.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	440485  

Yes there is a bushing that fits on the engine alignment tool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information