Thread: Oil related

Oil related

So, I was riding the other weekend. The display beeped and I looked down to see what I thought was "low oil" scrolling across the screen. It went into limp mode. I was only 500ft from our place on the shore, so I limped it back, shut it off and check oil. It showed full??
    Could the screen have really scrolled " low oil pressure" instead of "low oil" and I just missed the "pressure" part?
    Motor looks fine, no oil in bottom of hull, did not run bad just prior to the beep. Still starts and runs fine, but says check engine on display. Oil still shows full on dipstick.

I have a MaptunerX. Can that show diagnostic codes? And reset a check engine code?
    And I did notice the diagnostic port connector was not in its air box slot. If that plug got a little wet, could it have caused the oil code to come up?

Or should I bypass all these questions and take it down to the Seadoo dealer and have them plug it in...for a fee, unfortunately.

Nobody, huh?
    Should I ask this in a different section?

+1
    Yeah Of Course, Who wants to Reply To your asking Post. Give a Little info of what ski you Have, That'll Help you... Hopefully.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdelgado View Post
    Yeah Of Course, Who wants to Reply To your asking Post. Give a Little info of what ski you Have, That'll Help you... Hopefully.
    Guessing it’s a spark......

what year? The diagnostics on maptunerx meed a licence I think used to be free..... if you have th writer and plan to do own maintenance then probably worth buying the diagnostics add on, perhaps check the level and pressure sensors are connected and secure also try the remove the battery connector for 10 mins

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEH2O View Post
    So, I was riding the other weekend. The display beeped and I looked down to see what I thought was "low oil" scrolling across the screen. It went into limp mode. I was only 500ft from our place on the shore, so I limped it back, shut it off and check oil. It showed full??
    Could the screen have really scrolled " low oil pressure" instead of "low oil" and I just missed the "pressure" part?
    Motor looks fine, no oil in bottom of hull, did not run bad just prior to the beep. Still starts and runs fine, but says check engine on display. Oil still shows full on dipstick.

I have a MaptunerX. Can that show diagnostic codes? And reset a check engine code?
    And I did notice the diagnostic port connector was not in its air box slot. If that plug got a little wet, could it have caused the oil code to come up?

Or should I bypass all these questions and take it down to the Seadoo dealer and have them plug it in...for a fee, unfortunately.
    yes maptuner reads codes!

6. +1 by:

Thread Information