RXP-X Tapping/clanking sound

Need some input... got a 2011 RXPX 255 that dropped an Intake valve through the piston on the #1 cyl. Replaced the piston, valve, and rocker arm. Did everything per the manual, cam timing etc but when I go to turn the ski over I get a weird tapping sound coming from the valve train. Tested compression on the #1 reads about 55 PSI. Took the rocker shaft and arms out and the tapping sound goes away. Any ideas what it might be?

+1
    Valve seat warped or damaged. ? Sounds like you need to do a leak down test.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ZConsie View Post
    Need some input... got a 2011 RXPX 255 that dropped an Intake valve through the piston on the #1 cyl. Replaced the piston, valve, and rocker arm. Did everything per the manual, cam timing etc but when I go to turn the ski over I get a weird tapping sound coming from the valve train. Tested compression on the #1 reads about 55 PSI. Took the rocker shaft and arms out and the tapping sound goes away. Any ideas what it might be?
    It's very Difficult to pin point on your Issue And How bad was on the Damage to the Motor/Head. This is Usually for a Person that has Done it Before a few times. It Sounds either that Valves are Hitting the Piston(s) From You Setting the Wrong Timing or A couple of ROCKER Arms are Not Pressurized with oil.

+1
    Low compression Means the Valves are Most Likely are Bent. The Book will tell you This!!! Hope you Find the Issue.

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdelgado View Post
    It's very Difficult to pin point on your Issue And How bad was on the Damage to the Motor/Head. This is Usually for a Person that has Done it Before a few times. It Sounds either that Valves are Hitting the Piston(s) From You Setting the Wrong Timing or A couple of ROCKER Arms are Not Pressurized with oil.
    Checked and took apart all the hydraulic lifters and they are all good. The head has damage around the valve seats but not on the valve seats themselves. Iím taking the head off now to do a leak test..

You writing "when I go to turn the ski over I get a weird tapping sound".
    So is it started? You know you need oil pressure for the hydraulic lifters to adjust themselves. Just running the starter would not make enough pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by umh View Post
    You writing "when I go to turn the ski over I get a weird tapping sound".
    So is it started? You know you need oil pressure for the hydraulic lifters to adjust themselves. Just running the starter would not make enough pressure.

Never tried to actually start it. Just turned it over a bunch. Didnít start it because of the tapping / clanking sound. Didnít want to cause more damage

Thread Information