Thread: 2019 EX-R

2019 EX-R

I am going to purchase an EX this year. Do you guys think its worth buying the EX-r? Or would you just buy a used EX for less and maybe modify it. Is the extra horspower and weight worth the money? I haven't rode either so any input would be appreciated. Thanks Nick

+1
    i would get the EX r and then modify it.

3. +1 by:

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Never quite understood buying a lower tier ski and then modifying it...

5. +1 by:

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    what is your end goal with the modifications? are you looking to buy used to save money and reach the same speeds as a newer stock machine? if that is the end goal spend the money and buy something new with a warranty and just enjoy it.

7. +1 by:

Coming from someone who has an EX Sport, I wouldnt. If I had the money to get an EXR Id buy a VX for the better ride and more storage and it also gains much more from mods like the Ribbon delete.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwartzN View Post
    I am going to purchase an EX this year. Do you guys think its worth buying the EX-r? Or would you just buy a used EX for less and maybe modify it. Is the extra horspower and weight worth the money? I haven't rode either so any input would be appreciated. Thanks Nick
    Why do you want the EX ? You must have a reason for that model.
    I have an EX Sport also, but bought it to compete in the Rec-Lite class on tour and have a good play boat for relatives to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by maxadrenaline View Post
    Why do you want the EX ? You must have a reason for that model.
    I have an EX Sport also, but bought it to compete in the Rec-Lite class on tour and have a good play boat for relatives to ride.
    I want an EX because I dont like the big heavy ski's. I really dont need to go much faster then 50, water hurts. I also like to play, jump, spin around. I looked at the sparks but the plastic is kinda scary although they look fun. Was just wondering if 10hp and the weight loss was worth 3k. I like the old skis but im tired of working on 2 strokes.

+1
    Good enough reasoning for me to buy an EX, and one reason was it did not have the nano hull. Good old SMC tough and thick hull (and heavier).
    I question the high price tag for the EXR. The Ride system is cool and the lighter hull could make it more playful. A lot of money for what you get. Light hull, grate, and 10HP. I can get a grate and over 10HP with a tune for a lot less money. We will see on the race course who is quicker. EX or EXR. EXR with a tune in theory should be quicker in a drag race because of the HP to Weight ratio. We shall see!!
    Last edited by maxadrenaline; 09-18-2018 at 07:23 PM.

+1
    Get a new VX HO for $11,500 . its twice the ski and gets great gas mileage unless you just don't want to spend the money. If your wanting a Economy ski, stick with the EX-R.

+1
    I want an EX because I dont like the big heavy ski's. I really dont need to go much faster then 50, water hurts. I also like to play, jump, spin around. I looked at the sparks but the plastic is kinda scary although they look fun. Was just wondering if 10hp and the weight loss was worth 3k. I like the old skis but im tired of working on 2 strokes.
    I see now, then stick with the EX-R its over 50 mph and is light and great for jumping waves.

Thread Information