Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cleveland, TN (Hiwassee & Tennessee Rivers area)

Any clubs around Chattanooga, TN?

I bought my first PWC this past June and I've logged over 41 hours on it this summer. I love everything we can do with our skis, but long, interesting rides with occasional stops for food/beverages/floating around/swimming have become my favorite. Any clubs running the TN river around Chattanooga?

Larz

+1
    What kind of ski have you got Larz?

2018 Yamaha VX Deluxe fitted with touring bags and a soft cooler
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BDD598BE-F6EF-46ED-8FDA-A4AFEABDAFAA.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	441099  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by larzhanson View Post
    2018 Yamaha VX Deluxe fitted with touring bags and a soft cooler
    Very nice looking....Ski

+1
    Had a nice ride Saturday along the Tennessee river
    Put in our Yamahas at Chickamauga dam off of 153 and rode upriver (30 miles) to Hiawassee inlet and up the Hiawassee river to B&B marina(12miles) for a short break and a cup coffee..

Return trip stopped at Pine harbor marina and had a nice waterside lunch..

Spent about 5hrs on the water and put about 100miles roundtrip on skis..
    Had a great day on the water and skis ran great..

My Report:
    Still a lot of trash/logs/debri floating out in the river as there is every spring when they raise the water levels up

Air temps were mid @ 70sDeg
    Water temps still low.. @ 60Deg

Spotted 5 other jetskis playing in a cove..None out on the main lake but us

Got my ski in the shop getting TLC'd for the season. Can't wait! I really like that ride between B&B and Chickamauga. I live near B&B, so I usually put in there, then cruise down the Hiawassee and onto the Tennessee, stopping along the way for a dip in the water. Depending on the mood, I usually scoot up to Jacob Myers in Dayton, Steve's Landing at Pine Harbor (I'm assuming that's where you ate), or mostly Amigos at Island Cove. I'd love to see more places pop up with river access. Is Ari's still open? I'm gonna try Scottie's On The River downtown in Chattanooga this summer, maybe after a day ride down to Nickajack and back. Hit me up if you wanna meet and ride to lunch sometime!

+1
    Yes..We ate at Steves Landing.

Looks like maybe new owners again at B&B marina ?,
    Met them Saturday and seem very nice.

I don't know about Aris?..someone said he retired last fall ( very Good fried Grouper)

Chickamauga lake wasn't to choppy as it was calm wind and a lot of the big boats havnt come out yet..
    Hiawassee river was smooth as glasssss..

If it's been a while since you were last at B&B, you may be talking about Tony or Todd. They bought it from Gary Pederson a few years back. They've really upgraded the place. Amazingly, they lifted and moved the "party deck" from between the boat ramp and gas dock walkway and set it out where it is now at the end of the parking lot, pretty close to the water, then added to it. I'm amazed how they did that without it turning to splinters. My band plays out there once a month in the summer and we usually pack 250-350 people on it. Fun times, except for the load-in and load-out over a long gravel walkway. Yeah, B&B used to be pretty rough and rickety, but the new guys have really dressed it up and made it a nice place.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by larzhanson View Post
    If it's been a while since you were last at B&B, you may be talking about Tony or Todd. They bought it from Gary Pederson a few years back. They've really upgraded the place. Amazingly, they lifted and moved the "party deck" from between the boat ramp and gas dock walkway and set it out where it is now at the end of the parking lot, pretty close to the water, then added to it. I'm amazed how they did that without it turning to splinters. My band plays out there once a month in the summer and we usually pack 250-350 people on it. Fun times, except for the load-in and load-out over a long gravel walkway. Yeah, B&B used to be pretty rough and rickety, but the new guys have really dressed it up and made it a nice place.
    Yes..We were there a lot last Summer.

Rumor was Tony/Todd had a disagreement about selling ..but I was told over the winter that it was for sale (Again)..

Met a new Husband/Wife I have never seen before on Saturday, I didn't ask them if they bought it?
    But I got that impression..

Wow! I hadn't heard. I guess I need to check into that. We're booked all summer again and might need to see if there are new owners, and whether anything is changing regarding their plans for the party deck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information