Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi, just joined and bought my first ski in 25 years, 2018 SeaDoo Spark 3up. This sounds like a nice ride, Chickamauga dam is ~2hr drive for us, hopefully a nice cruise with food/break stops will get the spouse interested in riding with me. I may ride to Steve's Landing as it appears to be 30-45 minute ride as a nice short break in ride and see if she wants to go farther.

Any areas of interest (cliffs, park, bird hangouts, etc. to see along the river heading to Steve's? I may go this Easter weekend.

Cleveland, TN (Hiwassee & Tennessee Rivers area)
    If you're not already familiar with it, there's a really nice boat ramp near Chickamauga dam, just north around the corner from the park there and next to a marina. You can go to Steve's Landing to eat for normal "American" fare. It's good, and prices are reasonable. It's just a little hard to find the first time. You have to go about 1/2 mile upstream of the nuclear plant, then turn left and go a ways up a slough. You'll pass a kinda run-down marina on the left, but keep going. Steve's is at a larger, nicer marina upstream...I think it's Pine Harbor? I also like Amigos at Island Cove Marina in Harrison. Good Mexican food and decent prices. There's also the cafe at Harrison Bay Marina. I'm not sure what your cruising range will be with the Spark, so if you need gas, it's available at Island Cove, Harrison Bay and Pine Harbor marinas. As for wildlife, there are eagle nests all up and down the area, usually on top of navigation markers. They're hatching young right now. There are some really nice rock cliff areas, some with rope swings, in various places. You'll see them. Enjoy!

Anyone riding Easter Sunday in the area?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by larzhanson View Post
    If you're not already familiar with it, there's a really nice boat ramp near Chickamauga dam, just north around the corner from the park there and next to a marina. You can go to Steve's Landing to eat for normal "American" fare. It's good, and prices are reasonable. It's just a little hard to find the first time. You have to go about 1/2 mile upstream of the nuclear plant, then turn left and go a ways up a slough. You'll pass a kinda run-down marina on the left, but keep going. Steve's is at a larger, nicer marina upstream...I think it's Pine Harbor?

The Tn river has Mile markers along its shoreline..

Larz I correct about Steves Landing located at Pine Harbor marina and has a daymarker at the entrance is MM 487.5

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TN River Rat View Post
    Anyone riding Easter Sunday in the area?
    Heading out in the morning from Dalton for 3 days riding our Yamahas in Panama City Beach Florida

Gulf of Mexico...Cant wait !!

+1
    Taking the Skis out for around 100mile round about Tomorrow Sunday 5/5/19 if anyone wants to come along..
    Leave BB marina on the Hiawassee river(12miles) out to the main channel of the Tennessee river and North to Watts Bar dam(30miles) and lock thru Watts bar dam and ride up to Euchee marina (10miles) for lunch/gas..
    52 total miles one way.

Then return trip stopping for swim and sightseeing..

Should be around 104 miles total and estimated time on water about 4hours..

Leave out sometime around 1-2pm returning about 6pm..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information