Thread: Water in Hull

Water in Hull

G'day,

Just purchased a 2018 Ultra310LX this is my 3rd ski but its been 8 years since I sold my Ultra 250X... So a lot has changed and I am chasing some info from other owners of the 310LX

I have only put 5 hours on the new SKI and all of these have been taken very slow to follow break in procedure, As I am older these days I have followed the book to the letter ... but on each of the 3 rides I have done, I always end up with about 1.5 inches of water inside the hull. I never had this issue on my Ultra 150 or 250X. The only time I ever had water in the hull was after tearing it up hard and forcing water over the bonnet and basically submarining the 250X... But this new 310LX Ski has been just cruising along on calm waters and I have not even got my hair wet.

After the 3 hour mark I opened her up for the first time gently and the ski was surging forward with huge power then backing of then surging again felt like a fuel or spark issue was a really uncomfortable ride as you would lose power then suddenly gain it again. I rang the dealer and he advised to give it a bit more time and ride her a bit harder to clear the plugs and if it doesn't get better bring her back in. It did get a little better but still randomly lost power so this time I left the water in (Ride2) the hull So i could ask the question if it was normal.

The mechanic tested the ski and advised no error codes the plugs looked great and the water was fresh not salt and might be splashing up on the super charger belt causing it to slip.

I drained and moped the ski dry as a bone and took her out for ride 3 on the weekend and the surging issue was better only happened 1-2 times but the water was back when I got home ....

Has anyone else had these issues or can point me in the direction of a gland or seal to check ... I attempted to contact the dealer but he hasn't responded to my call I get the feeling he thinks I am going to be a serial pest but the truth is I never had a issue with both my last 2 SKI's and just want to sort the problem out.

Thanks in advance

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum Blue View Post
    G'day,

Just purchased a 2018 Ultra310LX this is my 3rd ski but its been 8 years since I sold my Ultra 250X... So a lot has changed and I am chasing some info from other owners of the 310LX

I have only put 5 hours on the new SKI and all of these have been taken very slow to follow break in procedure, As I am older these days I have followed the book to the letter ... but on each of the 3 rides I have done, I always end up with about 1.5 inches of water inside the hull. I never had this issue on my Ultra 150 or 250X. The only time I ever had water in the hull was after tearing it up hard and forcing water over the bonnet and basically submarining the 250X... But this new 310LX Ski has been just cruising along on calm waters and I have not even got my hair wet.

After the 3 hour mark I opened her up for the first time gently and the ski was surging forward with huge power then backing of then surging again felt like a fuel or spark issue was a really uncomfortable ride as you would lose power then suddenly gain it again. I rang the dealer and he advised to give it a bit more time and ride her a bit harder to clear the plugs and if it doesn't get better bring her back in. It did get a little better but still randomly lost power so this time I left the water in (Ride2) the hull So i could ask the question if it was normal.

The mechanic tested the ski and advised no error codes the plugs looked great and the water was fresh not salt and might be splashing up on the super charger belt causing it to slip.

I drained and moped the ski dry as a bone and took her out for ride 3 on the weekend and the surging issue was better only happened 1-2 times but the water was back when I got home ....

Has anyone else had these issues or can point me in the direction of a gland or seal to check ... I attempted to contact the dealer but he hasn't responded to my call I get the feeling he thinks I am going to be a serial pest but the truth is I never had a issue with both my last 2 SKI's and just want to sort the problem out.

Thanks in advance
    Were are u located

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum Blue View Post
    Perth W.A
    Pm sent

+1
    The surging sounds like the belt slipping due to water being in there. You’ve identified that already, now you have to find the leak. Hopefully you have a good dealer. Please keep us updated.

+1
    Pull the 4 ten mm nuts holding the plastic rear tray and remove it. Look straight in towards the rear and you'll see a couple hoses going to the pump. I've found 3 now that have popped off. I guess they just don't tighten them very much at the factory.

7. +1 by:

Thread Information