Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    unclemd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    240
    +1
    31

    AFRís and heat soak.

    Just wondering if it is common for AFRís to richen up with heat soak?

    Trying to dial in my GP1800 and my first initial passes AFR is around 11.5 @ [email protected] but subsequent passes my AFR starts dropping off to 10.9 @8450-8500 RPM.

    Just wondering if this is due to heat soak or more likely caused by warmer air in the engine compartment. Iím thinking about installing the greenhulk cold air intake but donít want to loose functionality of my front compartment

    Thanks in advance


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,530
    +1
    306
    Adjustable regulator?

  3. #3
    unclemd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    240
    +1
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHC View Post
    Adjustable regulator?
    No Riva Stage 2 with Fizzle IC. Stock wheel so no regulator required.

  4. #4
    h2jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,129
    +1
    67
    Mi idle is definitely richer after I ride for a bit.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Ocean City, MD
    Posts
    273
    +1
    50
    You need to lean it out and do all the cooling mods. I have Riva air filter inside hull and mine does not get fat after beating on it and I logged my data. Cooling mods are a no brainier the more the better.

  6. #6
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    38,673
    +1
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by unclemd View Post
    ... Iím thinking about installing the greenhulk cold air intake but donít want to loose functionality of my front compartment

    ...
    What air intake are you currently using?

  7. #7
    unclemd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    240
    +1
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    What air intake are you currently using?
    Currently running the RIVA CAI because I donít want to loose the function of the front storage compartment.

  8. #8
    unclemd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    240
    +1
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by rcrisafulli View Post
    You need to lean it out and do all the cooling mods. I have Riva air filter inside hull and mine does not get fat after beating on it and I logged my data. Cooling mods are a no brainier the more the better.
    Iím in a very cold climate where my water temp never goes above 70 degrees Fahrenheit and Air Temp only hits 80 degrees Fahrenheit a few times a year in the summer.

    The only cooling mods I have done is a dedicated cooling line to the Fizzle IC because Iím afraid of the known GIO issue in cooler climates with cooling mods on the SVHO.

    My new tune that I have has me running 12.0-12.1 @ 8780 for the first few speed runs but then starts to drop off again too 10.8-10.9 @ 8600-8650. If I lean out anymore my first few pulls will have me well above the safe zone. Do the engine temp sensor cause the machine to pull timing or add fuel if I am running above a certain temperature?

  9. #9
    Try a pass with the seat off to see if ventilation helps. No gas in oil here in Vancouver, similar climate often below 60 water temp. on cool days I close a ball valve installed on one of my extra cooling lines.

    Wish we had real temperature gauges. I'll be adding one this winter. These engine like to be around 165-170 F for peak power. do you have a infrared temp gun?

  10. #10
    unclemd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    240
    +1
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug78 View Post
    Try a pass with the seat off to see if ventilation helps. No gas in oil here in Vancouver, similar climate often below 60 water temp. on cool days I close a ball valve installed on one of my extra cooling lines.

    Wish we had real temperature gauges. I'll be adding one this winter. These engine like to be around 165-170 F for peak power. do you have a infrared temp gun?
    Which cooling kit do you use Riva or Worx? I just ran a dedicated cooling line to the intercooler.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-12-2017, 04:06 AM
  2. RPM and Heat Soak Question
    By skigolfnut in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-26-2012, 08:06 PM
  3. Heat Soak and Open loop
    By shooter98xpl in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-15-2011, 02:35 PM
  4. Cat Converter and heat
    By mrbtd in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-02-2007, 10:08 PM
  5. Heat Soak
    By Chrisrokc in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-27-2007, 09:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •