Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterDR View Post
    What are they behind on? Well let’s see....how about 4% market share in an industry with three players.
    what difference does it make? PWC sales are such a small part of their revenue anyway. and all market share means is they don't have the options available, and probably don't have the desire to expand all that much right now. The SX-R alone has been a pretty damn big hit, they have without a doubt the best bang for the buck ski out in the 15f, and a full fleet of 310hp offshore killers. So yeah, that probably won't change any time soon, as the only real potential for Kawi to increase market share lies in a 310hp STX. And how does low market share make them behind anyway? I was talking more about the tech on the ski(s).

I like pipes. I love boost Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DH300 View Post
    What is kawi behind on other than the reverse system? They have the best designed hull for rough water, a full digital display, cruise control, trim, and they lead the hp battle. Yamaha is the one who's behind. 260hp is so 10 years ago. ��
    They have fallen behind in the racing scene that’s for sure. Yamaha is winning everything Kawasaki used to win. When I pulled the trigger on a new ski last year I didn’t even consider Kawasaki. Kawasaki would have been my first choice 4 years ago though. I keep waiting to see what they come up with next but every year nothing changes.

+1
    Oh, yea? Well, I like Chevys, so there!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. GP1800 View Post
    They have fallen behind in the racing scene that’s for sure. Yamaha is winning everything Kawasaki used to win. When I pulled the trigger on a new ski last year I didn’t even consider Kawasaki. Kawasaki would have been my first choice 4 years ago though. I keep waiting to see what they come up with next but every year nothing changes.
    I will agree, yamaha has stepped their game up drasically in the last 5 yrs or so, and they dominate most forms of racing right now, but Kawi still reigns in the rough endurance races. Something to consider though, Kawasaki has all but pulled factory support in PWC racing, and Yamaha bought out many of Kawi's top riders. It's pretty much all privateers on the Kawis now, who buy, build, and tune their own machines, racing against factory backed yamaha and sea doo riders.

Kawasaki already has the BEST hull in the business and the most reliable supercharger in the business, and for a long time had the best lcd display in the business. except for some new fangled electronic reverse bucket what more do they need..

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information