Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Not surprising at all, really. Most PWC buyers don't know anything about reliability. They see advertising, they see sleek designs in the showroom. They see new technology (good or bad). Then they look at price.
    so why should manufacturers make them more reliable?

+1
    Like I said in a previous post, if Kawasaki (or anybody) should offer a 3-year unlimited hour warranty--standard. They need to put their money where their mouth is.

+1
    From the Yamaha forum:

Quote Originally Posted by Ale View Post
    i'm on my 6th clutch...

I like pipes. I love boost Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    From the Yamaha forum:
    Yeah on a motor that spinning 1000 rpm over stock.

Nothing should break on a 10 year old design lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    Seriously ? This must be self proclaimed im just not seeing it... and yamaha seems to be getting a free pass as of late.

1: cracked pump tunnels
    2: cracked hulls
    3: cracked intake grate areas
    4: blown supercharger clutches
    5: snapped timing chains
    6: cracked / warped cylinder heads
    7: oil in the bilge
    8: water in the bilge

anything else i missed ?

Been looking to upgrade the wifes 09 FZS for a couple years now, yamaha has un-earned our business, she actually wants a red 310 s.e. now

when this was sea-doo they were crucified, if this were kawi they'd be out of business..... Those who bleed blue see the world through Yamaha colored glasses. Yet where i ride there are hundreds of them..
    kawai is almost out of business. 3% market share. They have become irrelevant. I am surprised they are still in business. It’s not that their products are bad, just out dated and no one buys them.

Kawasaki doesn’t even show up at boat shows around here anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDR View Post
    kawai is almost out of business. 3% market share. They have become irrelevant. I am surprised they are still in business. It’s not that their products are bad, just out dated and no one buys them.

Kawasaki doesn’t even show up at boat shows around here anymore.

Water Dr,

I own 3 of them and am perfectly content. Yes, they are lacking some of the latest "gizmos" but frankly I don't need that gizmo crap anyway. JB

+1
    Well...that’s certainly true. Kawasaki has to decided if they are an actual leader and offering anything new, or is they are stuck in 2006 and offering nothing new but have bullet proof reliability. What they do have is no market share. 3% last I checked. The next closest company has 45%.

If you look at failure rates of Yamaha, Seadoo and Kawasaki I don’t think you will find any actual data. But there are 10x the users of Yamaha’s or Seadoos as a comparison.

When dealing with new buyers who have never owned a machine before, if there MOST important virtue is reliability, I always suggest a Kawasaki NA model. But then they realize that the can’t find one or have to drive too far. The NA models also seem to have the best resale but usually because new they sell at thousands off of MSRP.

We have a very large dealer about 90 mins from here who sell all three models. I always ask the sales guys what they own and which ones they see in the shop and for what reasons. NA yam models and Kawasaki NA models always seem to lead the reliability war. And I seem to hear that the two machines that are the most fun to ride are the Sparks and the SPX 15F though for different reasons. But there are probably 100 sparks sold for every 15F.

Kawasaki is just sticking around because even at 3% they must be making money, but I suspect thy will be out of the pwc business soon.

Yamahas legendary reliability ???????????????????????????????????

I think a stx15f is stone reliable but a 310 is not. Kawasaki doesn’t stand behind thier machines if there is a problem- that’s why they lost market share, nobody trusts them anymore

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterDR View Post
    Well...that’s certainly true. Kawasaki has to decided if they are an actual leader and offering anything new, or is they are stuck in 2006 and offering nothing new but have bullet proof reliability. What they do have is no market share. 3% last I checked. The next closest company has 45%.

If you look at failure rates of Yamaha, Seadoo and Kawasaki I don’t think you will find any actual data. But there are 10x the users of Yamaha’s or Seadoos as a comparison.

When dealing with new buyers who have never owned a machine before, if there MOST important virtue is reliability, I always suggest a Kawasaki NA model. But then they realize that the can’t find one or have to drive too far. The NA models also seem to have the best resale but usually because new they sell at thousands off of MSRP.

We have a very large dealer about 90 mins from here who sell all three models. I always ask the sales guys what they own and which ones they see in the shop and for what reasons. NA yam models and Kawasaki NA models always seem to lead the reliability war. And I seem to hear that the two machines that are the most fun to ride are the Sparks and the SPX 15F though for different reasons. But there are probably 100 sparks sold for every 15F.

Kawasaki is just sticking around because even at 3% they must be making money, but I suspect thy will be out of the pwc business soon.
    Ever heard of the SX-R?

11. +1 by:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information