Impeller recommendations for stock f1200x Solas? Or stock

Hello I'm new to this but I just purchased a f 1200 X and I like it but I want a little more top-end I think the prop and the wearing a probably warm cuz I'm only getting 57 miles per hour at 6100 RPM so I'm thinking is probably the impeller I want to know what to change it to should I put stock back in it or should I put it so loss thanks in advance

Like a chimp with a ball-peen hammer smackwave's Avatar
    +1
    The Solas Concord 17/29 (HA-CD-1729) would be a replacement for the stock impeller. The top speed will be about the same as the stock prop in good condition but with better acceleration. The Solas runs about $100 more than the OEM impeller, but I haven't heard any complaints from anyone who put one on.

Make sure the check the impeller housing and bearing condition, and the impeller to housing clearance as well.

Thanks I'm leaning towards the Solas impeller and when I pull it apart I'll definitely check it out

Hey do you know if there is a ride plate mod for the f1200 because one of my friends did a Solas impeller and a ride plate mod on his Yamaha and he picked up a lot of top end Thanks again

Like a chimp with a ball-peen hammer smackwave's Avatar
    +1
    Try PMing NitroShark. He used to make ride plates for the F12X, not sure if he’s still making them. SuperJim may be able to modify your stock ride plate for better performance, but don’t remember if I ever talked with him about Honda plates.

Unfortunately there just weren’t that many options for the Hondas. I still wish I had a better option than the Worx grate on my R-12X.

The stock Aluminum impeller can be used as a paper weight. Dont know where the last post was going..... but if you have a stock ski and want a better impeller for a stock application look for a 8/16 Skat-trak. If you have some mods like higher compression, bigger carb, aftermarket pipe. I would go with a 15.5 Solas or Skat-trak or a 9/17 Skat-trak.

__________________________________________________ _______________
    Life decreases in direct proportion to the force of desire.
    Cheers, Penash Diceus

Quote Originally Posted by Penash View Post
    The stock Aluminum impeller can be used as a paper weight. Dont know where the last post was going..... but if you have a stock ski and want a better impeller for a stock application look for a 8/16 Skat-trak. If you have some mods like higher compression, bigger carb, aftermarket pipe. I would go with a 15.5 Solas or Skat-trak or a 9/17 Skat-trak.__________________________________________________ _______________
    Life decreases in direct proportion to the force of desire.
    Cheers, Penash Diceus
    he must have replied to the wrong post

Thread Information