Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mholota View Post
    You guys think the glove box cover is strong enough to support an echomap 74 and a Ram mount if I use some hard rubbber on the underside to distribute some of the pressure?

Looking at this mount
    https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-D-...atible-devices

and this GPS
    https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/59...01898-00#specs

I understand there will be some movement especially when running at higher speeds with the weight of the GPS... just want to know if it would be feasible.

Mount it somewhere that you you can easily see it while running. Glove box lid is always a bad idea.

+1
    I have my Montana mounted on the left side. That way I can still hold the throttle while Messing with it. On the right youíll have to reach over or let go of the throttle.

+1
    Ideally, I’d like to somehow mount it using the port-side rope tie but I can’t figure out a way to utilize it. Ram has claw mounts that would fit, but I believe they are too small to use with the echomap mount

+1

garmin set up on new FishPro

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0299.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	439607

This is mine.

This Garmin 42 CV set up has been working amazingly well for me all summer. I have 57 hours on the ski with this and I couldn't be more pleased. Very easy to read even in split screen. Highly recommend it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JzWzbQh.jpg 
Views:	436 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	439608  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post

Name:	IMG_0299.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	439607

This is mine.

thanks man! this was the set up I was looking at doing before, but I want a bigger screen. As far as i can tell, the mount for the echomap 74 needs a D size ball, and the biggest the claw mount has is C. I can't find a conversion arm on the website. I might try calling or emailing Ram to see is there's a way it can be done. How did you run to power cord? did you drill through the top of the hull, or just run it to the battery through the storage comp. opening?

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    thanks man! this was the set up I was looking at doing before, but I want a bigger screen. As far as i can tell, the mount for the echomap 74 needs a D size ball, and the biggest the claw mount has is C. I can't find a conversion arm on the website. I might try calling or emailing Ram to see is there's a way it can be done. How did you run to power cord? did you drill through the top of the hull, or just run it to the battery through the storage comp. opening?

The 1 1/2 inch ram ball is plenty for a gps unit

+1
    Ideally, I’d like to somehow mount it using the port-side rope tie but I can’t figure out a way to utilize it. Ram has claw mounts that would fit, but I believe they are too small to use with the echomap mount
    What ski do you have? If you have an X model, ram mount make a bolt attachment that fits in place of the x steering Allen bolts. Meant for motorcyclec but work with the x model seadoos

+1
    No X model. I have a GTI Se 130. It’s good enough for what I need. Use it mostly fkr
    cruising. Looking for a descent GPS for when I go down south and cruise the intracoastal waterway and 1000 islands and up towards Parry Sound

+1

Name:	IMG_0328.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	439647Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0329.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	439648

This is the type of mount that I used. I cut the vertical piece out and was able to get 3 bolts to hold it in place. I had to remove the yellow plastic piece to gets the locknuts and big washers on it. Itís really sturdy this way. The wire goes into the hull through the vent. There might be a better way to do it, but it was easy to run it that way.

11. +1 by:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information