2018 GTX 230 impressions and hope for a service manual...

I managed to put 25 hours on my GTX230 in the past few weeks and these are a few random thoughts...

I love the fact that I can do 70Mph with 87 octane.
    I love sitting in the comfortable seat, but hate that it gets in my way when I stand up. (i'm 5'9) I wish it were narrower by the big backrest thing.
    I have had a few generations of the GTI and this ST3 hull is unbelievable compared to the GTI for cutting through the rough stuff
    I am not sure about the paint compared to the old gel coat. Seems like it discolors easily with spilled gasoline and I need to treat with kid gloves
    The gas cap is in a sucky position when fueling with gas cans. It's too low in a recessed area. Need to bend the spout to keep from spilling (like peeing with a woody)
    My steering (as many others have reported) needs to be held a few degrees to the left to keep it going straight.
    The LINQ stuff although cool, is stupidly overpriced. Someone needs to make an aftermarket cooler that isn't $280. ($280???? really BRP???)
    The gas tank is a bit small at 16 gallons. The 18.5 gal tank on the 2019 Sea-doo Sport fishing would be nice. This thing is a gas hog at 70Mph
    The VTS seems to really make a difference whereas I didn't really notice on my GTI Limited.
    The tilt steering may be a cool feature for someone who is tall, but I don't need it
    The idle is so high that I had DNR bark at me to slow down in the No wake zone. (and that was at idle, not slow speed mode)
    The new generation IBR when slammed on at 70MPH stops you like a motha and leaves a huge rooster tail of water. Looks really cool.
    The battery is much smaller. It's now a 20, whereas before it was a 30. I hope it's sufficient. Time will tell I guess.

So a few questions to those in the know...

How do I adjust the steering? It varies from year to year and it appears that the '18 is a unique beast.
    The steering cable is mounted to the nozzle a bit differently than past models (no nut), I could the torque spec for that.
    is the oil change the same as the past where you old the throttle down to "flood position" while cranking to get all the oil out?

Does anyone have a service manual I can snag? I'll buy you a beer if you ever ride the fox river/ chain o' lakes in Chicagoland.

thanks!

+1
    How's the fuel economy?

They wont offer a $49.95 cooler for it. This is a low volume accessory and you will not be able to compete with a Walmart cooler for price.

Quote Originally Posted by bluestram View Post
    How's the fuel economy?

They wont offer a $49.95 cooler for it. This is a low volume accessory and you will not be able to compete with a Walmart cooler for price.
    The fuel economy at 55 Mph is the same as my GTI 130 at WOT - 10 GPH At 70Mph, things get downright nasty... 18 GPH. In Eco mode the speed is 37Mph at it burns 6 GPH

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rich_r31 View Post
    The fuel economy at 55 Mph is the same as my GTI 130 at WOT - 10 GPH At 70Mph, things get downright nasty... 18 GPH. In Eco mode the speed is 37Mph at it burns 6 GPH
    ....my tuned 300 burns 29 gph at wot..5 gph at 35 mph in eco mode

Thread Information