Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2018 Yamaha VXR winterization, antifreeze needed?

Hello,

I was told it would run me $300 for winterization. Thatís a lot. I have 2018 Yamaha vxr 4 stroke. I was wondering if someone could tell me what is needed and how to the process works?

Also the ski has 10.5 hours on it. I was wondering at what point does Yamaha recommend you change the oil and filter.

Thanks jay

I like pipes. I love boost Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    Do you have an owners manual?

No Manual.

I have have been reading post online.

-fill gas tank up and add stabilizer.
    - run ski with water for 10 mins with water.
    - flush out water
    - unscrew spark plugs spray fog.
    -was and wax and let dry
    -use pump to suck out oil, change filter and add oil

does this all sound correct?
    Also do I need to circulate antifreeze throughout my machine or not in their model or bc it’s a 4 strike.

Thanks
    -

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1

Ok thanks, but was wondering if rv antifreeze needs to be cycled through the engine or not for this model? I read the some 4 strokes don’t need that?

+1
    No need for antifreeze

7. +1 by:

Thanks. So there’s really not much to winterzation. Just Fill up tank add stabilizer, fog the four cylinders, change oil and filter, put battery on trickle charge. so why do shops charge $300 plus, when it only should take 30 mins or so to do. Amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvxr View Post
    So there’s really not much to winterzation. Just Fill up tank add stabilizer, fog the four cylinders, change oil and filter, put battery on trickle charge.
    I would agree with ^this^ AS LONG AS THE CRAFT IS BEING STORED IN A SPACE WHERE: a) the craft will not be exposed to the elements; and/or, b) THERE IS NO (zero) POSSIBILITY TEMPS WILL NOT GO TO FREEZING OR BELOW ...

I am lucky enough to have access to a continuously climate-controlled storage space but, for instance, if my craft were stored outside or anywhere near salt water environs I’d give the entire engine a liberal coating with an anti-corrosive such as Fluid Film and electrical connections a good coating with an appropriate protectant, etc., etc.

so why do shops charge $300 plus, when it only should take 30 mins or so to do. Amazing
    Because there are people out there who actually can and do pay this (IMO) exhorbitant fee (and some dealerships donhave some pretty $ignificant overhead$. I can only imagine what it must be like to try and accomplish ANYthing as an engine related business in Californistan ....)

and yeah, it IS amazing, by all accounts!

Wow, Thank YOU - I looked for that pdf for what seems like forever before I gave up!

+1
    Hello,

I was told it would run me $300 for winterization. That’s a lot. I have 2018 Yamaha vxr 4 stroke. I was wondering if someone could tell me what is needed and how to the process works?

Also the ski has 10.5 hours on it. I was wondering at what point does Yamaha recommend you change the oil and filter.

Thanks jay
    Everyone will give you different answers on this, but on all my skis the VXR I have and the VX cruiser I use to own I blow all the water out of the pump, fog the heads and run the pink anti-freeze through it along with putting Sta-Bil fuel stabilizer in my tank. disconnect the battery and run a battery tender on it all winter to keep it charged.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information