Thread: Winterize 300

Winterize 300

Flushing-I have always just used the left (port) side flush port. I run antifreeze through the port until it pukes out the back and shut it off. Has survived -30 winters fine. The 300 is the first ski I've had that has a flush port on the right side too. Should I be flushing there too? I guess that one is for the intercooler. I didn't flush there last year, and I had no freeze problems.

+1
    I flush both, always better safe than sorry

3. +1 by:

+1
    The manual says to remove inlet hose on intercooler and it should self drain if there was any water in there,,i use an air hose w adapter in the left side flush port to blow air out of muffler

+1
    Mine is stored in a garage in TX but I flushed with the pink stuff on both sides and then blew it out with air. Removing the air inlet hose is a PITA but its just to remove any condensation that might be in there. I had none the first year so not sure if I will mess with that again.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jeel View Post
    The manual says to remove inlet hose on intercooler and it should self drain if there was any water in there,,i use an air hose w adapter in the left side flush port to blow air out of muffler
    Removing the inlet hose on the IC seems like a waste unless of course, you have a water leak from the cooling fins.
    I have an 18 model, so I only have the one flush port on the right side. The manuals do not mention using antifreeze to protect the exhaust and IC circuit. They only mention using the compressed air in the flush port to remove water from the open loop system.

I used compressed air and it seemed to work really well at removing water. I have no idea if it removes all the water. I leave mine in a heated garage in TX so freezing is not a concern.

I do think that you could take the inlet air hose off the IC and while using compressed air at the flush fitting, check for any air in the manifold of the IC. That could show a water leak without pressure testing the entire IC.

I run a catch can. If I want to lube the throttle body, what is the best way. After removing the inlet air hose from the TB, LOL.

Thread Information