Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    please tell me your doing this after reading the manual......

Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    please tell me your doing this after reading the manual......

Yes I've been reading the manual, thank you.

I did go back and look at that section again though and noticed after looking at next picture down that there are in fact SEVEN, not six bolts. Duh, my bad. The one I thought MWHC was talking about above is also kinda in the center but a little further down and right (already got that one/also out of sight). I think he was actually talking about the one I missed, which is dead center, outboard side just below the lip of the flat square plate where the four exhaust ports exit the manifold. Oh well live and learn, but bottom line is it is now sitting on my workbench. All that's left now is the SC and the intake manifold, then out it comes (I hope).

Here we go again:
    Next up: SC stuck on the side of engine. There is only 3 bolts and the stud with hex nut right? I've got all 4 off but the damn thing won't budge off that stud. It doesn't help that the pic in the manual doesn't quite match what I'm looking at, i.e., on the front end the bolt is actually at the bottom. The stud is above that. IOW reversed from the manual. Pics:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3839.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	439916   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3840.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	439917  

+1
    Cranofwaterfell, you can answer a lot of your own questions by looking at a PARTS manual. It gives exploded diagrams of what goes where. You can start with the blue OEM PARTS button at the top of the page.

[QUOTE=MWHC;2982299]Yup that's all of them..... fyi looks like your charger leaked some oil out too, better check/reseal/refil while its out![/QUOTE

That might be fogging oil, since it wasn't running on the last day, couldn't do the regular procedure. I was only able to flush the IC and I squirted fogging oil in the SC port while manually spinning the SC pulley. Btw with the intake and exhaust manifolds off is there a place where you could put the garden hose to flush out the block? The gotcha about running water through the hose without the engine running is because eventually you would fill up exhaust pipe and have spillover through an open exhaust valve into a cylinder or two or four? Right?

These skis have spent 7 years sitting 4' above salty water, that's why I have a lot of corrosion on the external parts. What do you guys do about the exterior of the engine bay? I'm assuming you spray it down with water, then squirt something on after that?

Ta duh! It's outta there, but the hard way of course. SC was stuck to the stud up front, never would budge until finally broke part of where the stud comes through. That will be $178 for a new output side of SC (PIPE-INTAKE, COMPRESSOR OUT). From the pics you can see why.

Name:	IMG_3841.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	439968   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3842.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	439967   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3843.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	161.2 KB 
ID:	439966  

Head off, here's what it looks like. Can the head be fixed? Obviously the piston is toast.

Name:	IMG_3854.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	440296   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3857.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	440297  

+1
    go for it! you come this far!

Thanks LindenPWC, could you be a little more specific please? Like should I be looking around for machine shop that does head work? Not sure about next move, looks like at least one valve on bad cylinder is bent. I know the bad piston has to come out, but at least it's not frozen in there (crank still turns, pistons go up/down).

+1
    You more than likely will need a new cylinder, or a replate. From the pic, it looks like that head is done due to the valve seat damage. If it were me, Id look for the parts on eBay.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information