Thumbs up Fixed easy ! Wave runner over heat issue, fixed!

DON"T GO TO THE STEALERSHIP UNTIL YOU TRY THIS !!!

My FX -140 was acting crazy with the Overheat Alarm / Limp Mode ,TEMP ALARM !!!, 01 - NO CODE !!!!. I traced it to the Thermo sensor / switch and replaced both. While Exhaust was off I flushed and back flushed every port, hose and component, ALL CLEAR. I re-installed the new Thermo Sensor and switch, exhaust manifolds, intake and fuel system! Thinking this is all that was necessary. On the flush hose everything was great. In the Water under Load different story - 8 Minutes late ALARM! Cool Down and 6 Minutes Later ALARM!
    Back at Home I continuously FLUSHED FLUSHED FLUSHED, using CLR, Prestone Block De-scaler and Dawn Liquid. Tell Tale / Pee Port water flow Great - Thermostat By-Pass Great. Back in the Water 8 Minutes later, TEMP ALARM !!!, 01 - NO CODE !!!! Back at Home I had a revelation! The Factory spec's for the Thermo Sensor / Switch that controls the ECU LIMP MODE must be Lying to the ECU !
    to Prove this, I installed a Fluke Meter Thermo temp probe and went back to the Lake! I monitored the installed Temp Gauge, Sure enough the ALARM went off at 155 degrees not as Spec's (183 - 194) as per YAMAHA!
    I un-plugged the BLUE Thermo Sensor connector and continued to monitor the FLUKE meter temp probe. It showed at Maximum 160 Degrees !! Had a Great time on the Water vs Home tearing this apart !
    The New Sensor / Switches from YAMAHA are not in Factory SPEC!!!!!!!!!!!! They can SEND the ECU False information and make your Life Miserable!!!!
    I am not pulling the system apart for this! I am installing and mounting an actual AMERICAN MADE TEMP GAUGE with PROBE !
    As a Lesson Learned, I'll EAT THE COST AS USUAL!
    This information is WORTH A LOT to ALL WAVE RUNNER Owner's! At Least Send a Thank You ! or $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by C J View Post

My FX -140 was acting crazy with the Overheat Alarm / Limp Mode ,TEMP ALARM !!!, 01 - NO CODE !!!!. I traced it to the Thermo sensor / switch and replaced both. While Exhaust was off I flushed and back flushed every port, hose and component, ALL CLEAR. I re-installed the new Thermo Sensor and switch, exhaust manifolds, intake and fuel system! Thinking this is all that was necessary. On the flush hose everything was great. In the Water under Load different story - 8 Minutes late ALARM! Cool Down and 6 Minutes Later ALARM!
    Back at Home I continuously FLUSHED FLUSHED FLUSHED, using CLR, Prestone Block De-scaler and Dawn Liquid. Tell Tale / Pee Port water flow Great - Thermostat By-Pass Great. Back in the Water 8 Minutes later, TEMP ALARM !!!, 01 - NO CODE !!!! Back at Home I had a revelation! The Factory spec's for the Thermo Sensor / Switch that controls the ECU LIMP MODE must be Lying to the ECU !
    to Prove this, I installed a Fluke Meter Thermo temp probe and went back to the Lake! I monitored the installed Temp Gauge, Sure enough the ALARM went off at 155 degrees not as Spec's (183 - 194) as per YAMAHA!
    I un-plugged the BLUE Thermo Sensor connector and continued to monitor the FLUKE meter temp probe. It showed at Maximum 160 Degrees !! Had a Great time on the Water vs Home tearing this apart !
    The New Sensor / Switches from YAMAHA are not in Factory SPEC!!!!!!!!!!!! They can SEND the ECU False information and make your Life Miserable!!!!
    I am not pulling the system apart for this! I am installing and mounting an actual AMERICAN MADE TEMP GAUGE with PROBE !
    As a Lesson Learned, I'll EAT THE COST AS USUAL!
    This information is WORTH A LOT to ALL WAVE RUNNER Owner's! At Least Send a Thank You ! or $$$$

Where was your probe mounted?

Thread Information