Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Solas 12/15 with stock 90 tune?

Is it worth it to get a Solas 12/15 with a stock 90 tune? I plan on getting the tune ASAP but funds are a little tight right now and can only afford a tune or the impeller. Figured the impeller would be the better upgrade.

From my experience, you are choosing the right impeller if you plan to tune your ski. I am tuned with ($200 from RaceLab) and tried a 12/14 Skat Trak first. The ski pulled to many revs with that set up. I just received the impeller back from getting repitched to 12/15 and have yet to reinstall it (currently running stock impeller). The tune is worth the money I spent. More to come on the impeller once I put it back in and try it. Word of caution on Sparks...when you tune and change impeller, they will pick up some cavitation due to the motor making more power down low. I am told that not one mod will significantly improve the issue, but several small mods will help (i.e. grate stuffer foam, seal grate to hull, R&D adj tailcone)

Yeah I read about the cavitation. Is it worth it to spend $500 on impeller and tune if it just makes it cavitate? I jump a lot of waves in the surf and I guess it will make me get a lot more air which is a positive. Still not positive if I should get the impeller or tune first. I will be doing the race lab tune also when I decide to get it

+1
    Whilst I cannot comment on the impeller on its own I have the 12/15 and 110hp tunes on both mine and the difference is huge! All my friends have noticed it too.

The torque and hole shot gains are massive, if you are going to go for the tune eventually you are definitely doing the right thing.

demon...are you experiencing more cavitation (than stock) with the Solas impellers in your skis? If no, what mods have you done to the pump?

+1
    There is a little cavitation but moving your weight around on the ski helps mitigate this.

Overall I am more than happy and the difference is very noticeable when compared to stock.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by demon8991 View Post
    Whilst I cannot comment on the impeller on its own I have the 12/15 and 110hp tunes on both mine and the difference is huge! All my friends have noticed it too.

The torque and hole shot gains are massive, if you are going to go for the tune eventually you are definitely doing the right thing.
    hey mate can I ask where you got a 12/15 impeller from?
    I currently have a 12/17 and just added the tune, and I can't seem to find a 12/15 anywhere - Worx only sell a 12/14

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by edgelett View Post
    I currently have a 12/17 and just added the tune, and I can't seem to find a 12/15 anywhere - Worx only sell a 12/14

Thanks
    https://impros.com/store/impellers/s...doo_models=888 maybe this ? =)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by edgelett View Post

Thanks
    I got mine from PWCMuscle in Florida.

The guys over there are amazing!

10. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by demon8991 View Post
    I got mine from PWCMuscle in Florida.

The guys over there are amazing!
    Was shipping much to Aus mate?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information