Stuck spark plug lx300

Hello.
    I have seen all the threads about broken/snapped spark plugs.
    I have current 42 hours on mine and as a preventive caution i was going the take them out and put anti seize on them.
    But i was to late, one of the spark plugs is probably rusted in the combustion chamber. I can move it about 10 degrees.
    Have tried to soak it with wd40 for several days it still stops after 10 degrees and gets very hard.

Any Advice ?

I'm new to the jet ski world. is there any noob threads with stuff to know ? how to take care of the hull, do i wax the hole thing ? what gear is good to bring with you for offshore fun etc.

I have learned about the water trap thats need draining manually, my jetski was a demo model and this have never been done hence why the stuck spark plug i guess.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatnehol View Post
    Hello.
    I have seen all the threads about broken/snapped spark plugs.
    I have current 42 hours on mine and as a preventive caution i was going the take them out and put anti seize on them.
    But i was to late, one of the spark plugs is probably rusted in the combustion chamber. I can move it about 10 degrees.
    Have tried to soak it with wd40 for several days it still stops after 10 degrees and gets very hard.

Any Advice ?

I'm new to the jet ski world. is there any noob threads with stuff to know ? how to take care of the hull, do i wax the hole thing ? what gear is good to bring with you for offshore fun etc.

I have learned about the water trap thats need draining manually, my jetski was a demo model and this have never been done hence why the stuck spark plug i guess.
    Try some PbBlaster. Much more effective than WD40, I have found. Let sit for a couple of days, re-applying as needed. Then tighten a little, loosen a little. Repeat, going very slow. Don't try to muscle it out.

Have luck heating the engine up before removal, also. Seems to help on the notorious Ford 5.4L Triton engine spark plug removal.

I've broken off plugs also (1 in each ski at same time lol). Anti-seize is your friend but you don't know what you don't know. The dealer I bought skis from didn't put any on the plugs, didn't mention that you need to, and also didn't say anything about fogging SC. Luckily I noticed in the manual about fogging on Day 1.

Since that time I had one plug not wanting to come out even though I'm certain it had anti-seize on it because I put it in. I sprayed the WD40 penetrating stuff in there, waited, tried to work it loose, but no luck. I finally rolled my air compressor out by the dock and used the impact ratchet on it and that got it loose without breaking it. It was hard coming out even after a few revolutions, so not sure why that happened but at least it didn't break.

My luck turned today. It fired on all cylinders on eco mode and i went for a ride to get in warm. I've been soaking for several days with crc 5-56 and wd40 and after i got the engine warmed up i manage to worked it out by tighten little and loosen little. I saw on the spark plug threads that the last revolution before it was completely loose it had covered last thread with alu. from the head. I have to order these plugs since nobody locally have them and when i get new plugs i will coat it in anti seize and see if the new plug will enter the threads.

what else do i need to know about this ski ? i know i must clean the intercooler for oil once a year. flog it after every ride. check the hose on air compressor for water. dismantle and lube belt tensioner once a year. what else ?
    Last time i had it on the trailer and was flushing the engine i thought the impeller was making more noise than usual and it was also little bit down on speed and i had charge pressure loading earlier than previoius rides.
    Do i wax the whole ski ? I do high pressure was the hull every time it have been in the sea.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatnehol View Post
    flog it after every ride.
    HA! That ought to take care of it!!! That IS funny!

Seriously, if you're pulling pieces of aluminum out with the spark plugs, you need to run a thread chaser through there at the very least. Probably drill, tap, and insert a HeliCoil or thread insert. If running in salt, everything metal in it needs to be sprayed down with Fluid Film, BoeShield, CRC Marine, etc. every ride. Hidden fasteners will rust before you know it. Thoroughly flush the engine, intercooler, & jet pump, with SaltAway or similar after every day of use, too.

EDIT: My apologies, Vatnehol, I just realized that you're from Norway - Ålesund. English probably isn't your primary language. I really wasn't trying to make fun of you, but I'm sure that your computer or mobile device 'corrected' what you wrote. To 'flog' something means to beat it or whip it. Of course, I realize that you meant to say that you 'fog' it. It just sounded funny, especially if you're having problems with it.
    Last edited by steve45; 09-07-2018 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    HA! That ought to take care of it!!! That IS funny!

Seriously, if you're pulling pieces of aluminum out with the spark plugs, you need to run a thread chaser through there at the very least. Probably drill, tap, and insert a HeliCoil or thread insert. If running in salt, everything metal in it needs to be sprayed down with Fluid Film, BoeShield, CRC Marine, etc. every ride. Hidden fasteners will rust before you know it. Thoroughly flush the engine, intercooler, & jet pump, with SaltAway or similar after every day of use, too.

EDIT: My apologies, Vatnehol, I just realized that you're from Norway - Ålesund. English probably isn't your primary language. I really wasn't trying to make fun of you, but I'm sure that your computer or mobile device 'corrected' what you wrote. To 'flog' something means to beat it or whip it. Of course, I realize that you meant to say that you 'fog' it. It just sounded funny, especially if you're having problems with it.
    you are right, that is Funny! It was corrected to flog from fog but i did'nt know that flog had a meaning.
    I've tracked down fluid film and salt away in norway and it was not easy to find. I'll start using this.
    I've got a time sert kit and i used the tool for inserting new thread through the spark plug hole to clean up the threads and i bought a ngk cr9e plug ( temporary ) for testing the threads together with anti seize and it was all successful. I did actually do a 3 hours drive with the cr9e spark plug and the rest original plugs without any problems.

Thanks for the tips !

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    i flog misbehaving skis daily....

8. +1 by:

Thread Information