Please help, 2002 Virage TXi 1200 DI (Ficht)

Ok, i pull the fuel pump and the regulator had falling off. i put it back on, put it back together and i checked fuel psi and it was slowly going up started at 10 and then went up from there. I pinched the fuel return line and it shot up to 30psi

It was bogging down in the water b4 i did this now it is a lil better but still bogging down while in water but runs fine out of the water
    Last edited by K447; 09-05-2018 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Clarity

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 02vinage1200 View Post
    Ok i pull the fuel pump and the regulator had falling off i put it back on put it back together and i checked fuel psi nd it was slowly going up started at 10 nd then went up from there. I pintched the fuel return line and it shot up to 30psi
    It was bogging down in the water b4 i did this now it is a lil better but still bogging down while in water but runs fine out the water
    How did you, specifically, "...i put it back on put it back together..."? Did you re-attach the fuel pressure regulator (FPR) utilizing the hose barb method set forth in these links?

I just put it back in the hole hopeing it would stay there

I really need some help im lost

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 02vinage1200 View Post
    I really need some help im lost
    Welcome

Do not assume there is only one problem that needs to be found and corrected.

The best approach with any old PWC is to go through it from end to end. Check everything, do not assume anything is correct until you have checked.

There are a bunch of recommended maintenance, service and upgrade things. Among them is to properly reinforce the fuel pressure regulator inside the fuel pump body.

While you have the fuel pump out, check that the bottom of the fuel tank is clean, no dirt or water contamination.

After reinforcing the fuel pump and reinstalling, check for correct fuel pressure. The common method is to connect a pressure gauge and run the engine. And alternative method is to probe the brown wire at the fuel pump connector and connect it to electrical ground.

Click on my signature link and start reading. Lots of useful info.

+1
    It is likely leaking between the nylon housing and the steel nipple insert. That would explain why your fuel pressure is low. It should almost instantly rise to 20 - 23 psi. See this link for how to correctly repair it:

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77110

Be sure to click on the updated procedure within the above link. I sent you the old, cotter pin method link, as it has some useful info on how to remove the fuel canister and re-install it.

+1
    While you have it apart again, add an O-ring around the oil level sending unit body. They fit loosely in the tank and, in turn, leak. Also, add a gear clamp around the neck of the oil sending unit tank boss.

Additionally, check your reverse mechanism while you have the oil tank out and it is easy to remove. They had issues. See the "stickies" for a thread on how to repair it.

If your fuel lines are stiff and have lost their pliability, now is a good time to replace them. Be sure to utilize a replacement hose rated for marine applications and Oteiker clamps

Thread Information