+1

R&D Performance Products Closes Its Doors After 30 Years

“Sometimes, you just need to move on.” That seems to be the message coming out of today’s news. In a report first broken by Vasilis Moraitis’ JetSkiWorld blog, R&D Performance Products will be closing its doors this September 27th. For many insiders who asked to remain anonymous, the news was a not-so-shocking revelation given several factors, the primary being the surmounting cost of doing business – particularly in the way of foundries and aluminum casting – in California.

More at WatercraftJournal.Com

+1
    Damn.... they've sure been around a long time!!! Right from MY beginning in the sport!!!

+1
    Wow sad to see them close up shop! I had nothing but great expierences them and their products. Great customer service all around.

4. +1 by:

+1
    Very sad indeed. I have always been impressed with their product and especially their customer support. I feel like their products sailed under the radar so to speak, at least on this forum, but I always found them to perform as advertised and Glenn was always quick to respond, kind and helpful whenever I had questions. Guys like Glenn and Jerry have made this hobby very enjoyable for a recreational enthusiast like myself over the years.

I see some of their products remain in the online store, but the ECU reflash service appears to have been taken down. If Jerry sees this I hope he can shed more light on what this means for products, services and support from R&D between now and September 27.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustymuscle View Post
    given several factors, the primary being the surmounting cost of doing business particularly in the way of foundries and aluminum casting in California.
    Well, that's not surprising either. The Progressive policies which often lend to strict (read expensive) regulations makes the state the least industrial-friendly state in the Union. Example chrome-plating is all but unrealistic business-wise there. I get it - environment. Can't have it both ways indeed.... which is why I said this is not surprising.

And I get the whole 'time to move on" thing, as sometime one just needs a good excuse to do it. Curious. R&D still has plenty of value/equity in it's product/patents maybe.... would certainly make for a proposition if some other start-up in some other state couldn't buy all that intilect at a bargain.

7. +1 by:

Thread Information