Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help IBR Problem? Ski Wont Start

Was wondering if someone on the forums could help me out. I own two 2015 RXP-X's. I was out riding the other day with a friend and he fell off the ski. He got back on ski started fine but then shut off after 15 seconds and would not start again. The the IBR light was on and would say LIMP mode but would not start, the dash light would dim so I thought my battery just randomly died. Back at home I charged the battery overnight and still nothing. I pull the battery out of my other ski and put it in, still nothing. Then I cleaned and tightened down all battery/ starter connections still nothing. Next I swapped the Starter solenoid /relay out of the good ski and put it in and still nothing. I actuated the IBR via IBR override and it seems to be working fine. One code on the dash though P0335. Looked it up says its the Crankshaft Position Sensor. Should I just go ahead and replace that? I didnt want to bring it to the dealer if its something simple because they cant get me in before riding season ends especially if its something I could do.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Tom

CPS would prevent it from starting .

okay is there a way to tell if its just the sensor or an actual problem?

+1
    You need to clarify "not starting" Do you mean it cranks, but does not start, of does not crank at all?
    CPS would not prevent it from cranking, just not starting. I would think

it makes one hard click like it wants to turn over followed by the ibr light and long beep. I attached a video. let me know if you cant view it.

P0335 ECM Crankshaft signal error Damaged sensor, damaged circuit wires, damaged connector, damaged ECM pins or damaged tooth wheel. Connector disconnected.

For the CPS, check for 700 to 900

ohms between terminals A-H1
    and A-K2 of ECM connector.

Also I should note that I just did a meter test on the sensor. Im getting 940 ohms.
    Last edited by Tmlp103; 09-05-2018 at 12:43 PM.

+1
    Pray the pump sucked in something, or else you may have sheered the flywheel bolts or dropped a super charger bearing and jammed the pto.
    Next step, pull the inlet from the supercharger, ther should be a little play back and forth (tooth mesh) if there is sloppyness then you probably dropped a beating in the SC.

Pull the spark plugs, see if its hydrolocked first.

Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    Pray the pump sucked in something, or else you may have sheered the flywheel bolts or dropped a super charger bearing and jammed the pto.
    Next step, pull the inlet from the supercharger, ther should be a little play back and forth (tooth mesh) if there is sloppyness then you probably dropped a beating in the SC.

Pull the spark plugs, see if its hydrolocked first.
    Not sure if I did it properly but I pulled the Spark plugs tried to turn it over and still the same thing. took the SC intake off and turned with a ratchet. seemed to spin okay. Is that what you meant?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmlp103 View Post
    .. took the SC intake off and turned with a ratchet. seemed to spin okay. Is that what you meant?
    Was it easy to ‘spin’ in one or both directions?

How much force were you applying?

I only went clockwise and it was very hard to do but also didnt just spin around real easier either. Could the starter be shot?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information