1.8L N/A exhaust modification performance increase

Just a straight up question not related to the cool sound, drone, noise, or cost.

Has anybody who already installed basic bolt on's like ribbon delete and air filter on their VXR, VXS, VX-HO them go on to perform a free flow exhaust mod i.e. the TJ mod, home made free flow, install a through hull or store bought free flow and get ANY gain out of it? Looking for your experience but more importantly did you see any increase in RPM at WOT.

James

+1
    N/a motors are no benefit from exhaust that I have seen

Thanks Saum700p,

I have a new Riva FF exhaust in hand but don't want to bother with installation if there is no real gain in power or top speed.

Did you see any RPM gains at all with your Riva waterbox/rear exhaust combo at all?

James

+1
    none

I like pipes. I love boost Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    I just installed a rear exhaust on my gp 1800 over the weekend. My main reason for doing it was my hatred for all of that plastic exhaust crap cluttering up the back of the hull

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fl_799 View Post
    Just a straight up question not related to the cool sound, drone, noise, or cost.

Has anybody who already installed basic bolt on's like ribbon delete and air filter on their VXR, VXS, VX-HO them go on to perform a free flow exhaust mod i.e. the TJ mod, home made free flow, install a through hull or store bought free flow and get ANY gain out of it? Looking for your experience but more importantly did you see any increase in RPM at WOT.

James
    Had all the air mods done and the exhaust before i ever put it in the water and after a while the drone got to me so went to the T.J. modded exhaust and saw no change at all. Did like not having all that plastic junk in there , i had a short bucket with ropes and anchor stored there .

Thanks for your experiences Dingram.

I did a good chunk of the TJ mod yesterday with the exception of cutting the flaps on the inner hull exhaust outlet. One nice thing about the factory exhaust is that it stacks up and rests on the hull and sandwiches under the passenger seat keeping pressure off the rubber outlet pipe.

I'd love to put that Riva free flow aluminum pipe to use. I was thinking about sourcing an interesting sea doo, kawasaki, or yamaha OEM resonator and welding an outlet on the aluminum Riva pipe and try a few out of different lengths to see if the drone can be cancelled plus fabricating a bracket to the exhaust to keep the outlet from tearing under weight and vibrations.....but I have no incentive if there's no performance gain in any of this. TJ mod will be as far as I take it.

James

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fl_799 View Post
    I was thinking about sourcing an interesting sea doo, kawasaki, or yamaha OEM resonator and welding an outlet on the aluminum Riva pipe and try a few out of different lengths to see if the drone can be cancelled plus fabricating a bracket to the exhaust to keep the outlet from tearing under weight and vibrations.....but I have no incentive if there's no performance gain in any of this. TJ mod will be as far as I take it.

James

Yup, I had done just that a year ago. More of a DIY baffle-chamber that plucks out the sound waves yet still allows for free-flow gas path. Still lovin' it !
    Everything was just silicone couplers and various cold-air aluminum induction tubing.
    Performance - no. My incentive was to clean things up back there (aka stowage room), and gain some added height on the internal exhaust plumbing since I do fish off that rig.

Thread Information