Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    28

    Best way to clean fizzle intercooler

    It seems that my fizzle intercooler May be clogged. Im using the riva power cooler stand alone line off the pump thru the intercooler out thru the oil cooler and out the pisser. Best way to backflush/clean the intercooler without pulling it out? Also inline water strainer suggestions for the high pressure 1/2 stand alone line?


  2. #2
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,921
    +1
    2,749
    If the intercooler water passages are clogged up with sand and debris it's likely not possible that you will be able to clean it out. You can try back flushing it on a water hose and hope for the best.

    It's very important that you guys be running a water strainer in the water line feeding the interooler to prevent this. This is the strainer I use and recommend

    Groco Universal Water Filter/Strainer For Intercoolers

    This kit uses a high quality Groco water strainer. Universal Water Filter/Strainer Kit protects your intercooler from damage & reduced efficiency due...
    RY1013-SDF-UK $44.95


  3. +1 by:


  4. #3

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    28
    thanks for the advice, can that strainer handle the pressure of the stand alone waterline of the riva power cooler straight off the pump?

  5. #4
    outnumbered's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Locust NC
    Posts
    480
    +1
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey27925 View Post
    thanks for the advice, can that strainer handle the pressure of the stand alone waterline of the riva power cooler straight off the pump?
    It can.

  6. #5
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,921
    +1
    2,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey27925 View Post
    thanks for the advice, can that strainer handle the pressure of the stand alone waterline of the riva power cooler straight off the pump?
    Absolutely! no problem at all.

  7. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    28
    Just ordered the strainer....do u guys mount it behind the computer wall under the third seat?

  8. #7
    YAMA HAMA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    118
    +1
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey27925 View Post
    Just ordered the strainer....do u guys mount it behind the computer wall under the third seat?
    Yes, you want accessible for cleaning.

  9. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    28
    is there a need for a secondary strainer after the 4 way connector?

  10. #9
    I used a groco strainer inline if the dedicated feed to the cooler along with a flush after saltwater use to protect my investment . I mounted mine to the rear bulkhead

  11. #10

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    haskins, OH
    Posts
    46
    +1
    1
    2 part newbie question. first, how do you know that the intercooler is clogged or getting clogged? 2nd, are you recommending that strainer for stock intercooler or aftermarket ones with a direct feed line?

    thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    If the intercooler water passages are clogged up with sand and debris it's likely not possible that you will be able to clean it out. You can try back flushing it on a water hose and hope for the best.

    It's very important that you guys be running a water strainer in the water line feeding the interooler to prevent this. This is the strainer I use and recommend

    Groco Universal Water Filter/Strainer For Intercoolers

    This kit uses a high quality Groco water strainer. Universal Water Filter/Strainer Kit protects your intercooler from damage & reduced efficiency due...
    RY1013-SDF-UK $44.95


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. best way to give the intercooler a good flush ??
    By MR MAC in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 05:19 PM
  2. Best way to clean EGA sensor.
    By miker1 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2010, 02:07 AM
  3. Best way to clean IC?
    By T5Racing in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-13-2009, 08:20 PM
  4. Best way to clean bolt threads ?
    By mrbtd in forum Shops, Tools and Tricks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 10:01 PM
  5. What is the best way to clean stock IC?
    By Pale Rider in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-27-2007, 08:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •