Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I know, I have a 2016 Spark with a 110 tune and a Solas impeller, the wear ring seems to be wearing out (there seems to be a bigger gap between the impeller and ring now) I’m thinking of getting a stainless steel wear ring for the Spark especially since my 13 year old jet boat hasn’t had any issues. Our lake is a sand bottom lake but no sand bars to worry about. I’m glad to hear that the wear ring on the GTX I ordered is different from the Spark.

Hi guys I'm new here but hope i can helps... I'm new to the sea-doo world but spend a lot of time in sandy gravely rocky rivers running in inches of water.. myself and a few buddys build 12-14 foot jet boats with seadoo engines and pumps .. we started out running stock seadoo wearing in the river not knowing any better, but after learning the hard way by instant power loss within a day! we started with the stainless witch last along time yes the impeller will lose its leading edge but it will happen regardless if sucking things up........the differance is with the stainless you don't instantly get blow buy as you do after one pencil size stick goes through and chews the plastic .....as many of you know 1 mm extra is enough to lose performance ......also the rumours about breaking things . myself or nobody i know have broken a drive shaft impeller etc and put more rocks and gravel through my pump then any 20 skis on this forum hope this helps anyone trying to decide

3. +1 by:

+1
    And you are 100% correct! Which is also why eveyone runs one in a jet boat. A true jet boat all the way up to top fuel. Install a stainless wear ring.

5. +1 by:

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TJS0712F View Post
    Speaking from a Kawi perspective on stainless wear rings. I have replaced them in my pump because of an impeller bearing crash. They are cake to cut out. I also refurbed my own stock impeller by welding up the edges and machining it back down on a tool post ginder on my lathe. Worked tits. I set tight clearances that way.
    What is your trick to remove the stock wear rings? I always figured it would be a pain to cut them out since the rear is so close to the stator vanes?

Sean

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    What is your trick to remove the stock wear rings? I always figured it would be a pain to cut them out since the rear is so close to the stator vanes?

Sean
    Sawzall and a vice

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    Sawzall and a vice
    As in you cut the housing as well or you cut with the blade parallel to the pump shaft?

Sean

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post

Sean
    Sean, I use a little propane torch to heat up the wear ring to the point I can drive a flat head screw driver with a hammer between the wear ring and the pump and i just pry it out. It comes right out this way!

10. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Sean, I use a little propane torch to heat up the wear ring to the point I can drive a flat head screw driver with a hammer between the wear ring and the pump and i just pry it out. It comes right out this way!
    I will give that a try. I think I still have a few crusty pumps with swelled wear rings around.

Sean

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information