Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

+1
    Speaking from a Kawi perspective on stainless wear rings. I have replaced them in my pump because of an impeller bearing crash. They are cake to cut out. I also refurbed my own stock impeller by welding up the edges and machining it back down on a tool post ginder on my lathe. Worked tits. I set tight clearances that way.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TJS0712F View Post
    Speaking from a Kawi perspective on stainless wear rings. I have replaced them in my pump because of an impeller bearing crash. They are cake to cut out. I also refurbed my own stock impeller by welding up the edges and machining it back down on a tool post ginder on my lathe. Worked tits. I set tight clearances that way.
    I had a Sea-Doo Speedster 200 and run stainless steel wear earrings in both Motors Express them in using a press I never had an issue either in the intercoastal or in the ocean I highly recommend them but everybody's got their own opinion

+1
    Yes! It’s definitely worth doing on the boats. The boats use the same wear rings as the skis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipper350 View Post
    Anyone ever run stainless on a big boat like a challenger 210? Mine need replacing and I believe the wear rings are all the same boat to ski. Just curious if it would be worth doing on a boat.

+1
    I strongly recommend against a stainless steel ring. I tried it out on my ski and ran it for a few hours of ocean riding. Sand chewed it up bad and ruined my impeller. $190 part, ruined my impeller, and was impossible to remove so I had to have it machined out $$$. IMHO there needs to be a “fuse” in the pump and it shouldn’t be the impeller.

I have a 2006 Sugar Sand Tango Jet boat with a 240 hp engine, it has a stainless steel wear ring and it is all original never had a problem. I just ordered a 2019 Sea Doo GTX 230, does that ski have a plastic wear ring?

+1
    yes

Is the wear ring on the 230 hp similar to the Spark wear ring or is it more like a plastic liner inside of a steel ring? Just wondering how long the wear ring will last.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cochrane View Post
    Is the wear ring on the 230 hp similar to the Spark wear ring or is it more like a plastic liner inside of a steel ring? Just wondering how long the wear ring will last.
    All Sea Doo skis come from the factory with a plastic wear ring. This is the upgraded stainless steel wear ring for a 230 ski

RIVA Stainless Steel Wear Ring for Sea-Doo 230 & 300HP - 161mm

100% stainless steel wear rings/impeller liners are the perfect replacement for your damaged original unit. Replaces original plastic unit on RXP &...
    RS33-161-SRX $189.95

Ok so its a liner, makes me feel better than what is on the Spark. Thanks

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cochrane View Post
    Ok so its a liner, makes me feel better than what is on the Spark. Thanks
    The spark jet pump takes sacrificial wearing to a brand new level

itís more like suicidal wear ring that fails if a pebble bigger than a marble gets into the pump

Iíve got mixed feelings on it

on one hand the impeller and stator take very little damage because the rocks are immediately ejected out of the pump through the wear ring on the other hand spark owners around here are starting to get tired of replacing their wearing four times a season

I remind them that if they go with the stainless ring I offer and they run aground itís going to cost them far far more as our shoreline here has lots of gravel and the lake is lower then normal so sandbars lurk for the inexperienced

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information