Ok Muked up Big Kaw 2018 310 X broke wiring from SCOM in clip to ECU

After hooking up the R& D SCOM and riding each time I hit about 67 MPH the F! code would start flashing.
    After testing it several time with same issue I decided to remove it and go back to OEM wiring.
    As I was pulling the blue wire out of the PIN connector that goes to the ECU the wire broke off leaving the broken shaft end stuck
    down in the clip. Know way to reach it so I have to replace that end clip. I cannot locate a replacement part .

If anyone has access to the part number or has dealt with this issue would like some help.
    Thanks as I kick myself across the room
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180812_134609.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	438058  
    Last edited by 250stxrider; 08-12-2018 at 02:26 PM.

Shout out to MWHC for his suggestion for removing the broken in in module. Simple trick but saved me a trip to the dealer. Hooked back the OEM pin wire and was out on the water with everything back to normal. The help from the board and fellow KAW riders is appreciated.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    little confused here you say everything is back to normal but you posted this at 5:30 last night

Quote Originally Posted by 250stxrider View Post
    Anyone experienced this issue with a R & D SCom addition 310 x ketski

F1 code was coming on once you crosssed over 67 MPH . Any speed up to that point it did not signal F !.

Still maxed out at 68 mph BASED ON SEVERAL RUNS, EACH TIME f 1 CODE WOULD COME ON. Once you stopped and turned back on it would go away. Speed back to 67 or 68 F 1 code come on.

90 degree heat, 70 % humity so originally thought I would see 70-71Mph, WITH OUR scom WAS HITTING 64- mph.

Looks like the ECU must be recognizing its being bypassed or something
    or did mikes solution rectify the issues you were having because of a bad connection and you took out the SCOM completely?

I put everything back to stock. I am now waiting on a replacement pin to place back on the SCOM from R& D . They did not have the actual pin since they do not make it the Module. . But had a old SCOM they cut off the wire sending it to me and I am soldering on the new wire. Also being sent a shim to hopely fix the paddle wheel reduce speed recorded and stop the F 1 . Once I complete this will post results

Thread Information