Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

04 msx 150 pains.. need help!! I have no top end speed limit to 5900rpm

Hi guys Im at a complete loss with my 04 msx150 with 107hours on her. I have no idea what I can do next. Ive spent a lot of time looking through a lot of the forms here trying to make heads or tails on what is going on with this ski. Im really looking for whatever help or ideas that I can try to maybe figure this out.

The symptoms:
    She fires right up and idles pretty smoothly. when you gun it she revs quickly up to 5800-5900rpm with 3/4 of boost(per cluster showing) and just hits a wall like its a rev limit at 32-38mph. I have no check engine light or shows no other issues. you can here the turbo spool up leading to 5900 rpm and u hear bov when you dump the throttle. When I have her in on the trailer backed into the water she revs up to 7700rpm and shows full boost.

Things that I have done trying to follow the forms:
    Ive replaced both map sensors and replaced wastegate solenoid with updated one. Ive removed and pressure check the intercooler and all checked good. compression has checked 138 in both cylinders. Ive check by visual and with soap and water trying to find an air leak while under boost and couldn't find anything. I even added rubber washers to the map sensors just to do it. Ive removed the throttle body to see if the rubber mount looked bad but it didn't either. Ive also tried pulling hose off wastegate and checking if the ski will over boost and yes she will in a hurry. the waste gate arm moves smoothly and snaps back when letting go. Ive used a mighty vac to check wastegate valve and the rod starts to move about 6psi and fully opens about 13-15psi. fuel pressure main feed pegs my gauge over 90psi and then when hooked in line and let system crank im showing 48-52psi. I started to run out of test from what I can find out here.

Thanks in advance and thanks for taking the time to read. I just hate to give up on her great handling ski
    Last edited by sparks244; 08-09-2018 at 11:03 PM. Reason: realized other things ive done to my ski

+1
    Has this ski ever run well for you? Have you pulled and thoroughly inspected the jet pump and impeller?

Ive never pulled the pump out to inspect it bc nothing showed wrong launches strong and no noise. What would I be looking for? Im assuming ur asking if the impeller is not bent or messed up? Nothing stands out and no real marks on the housing or impeller when I look with a flash light.

+1
    Is it possible for you to ride the ski without the seat on? Can you run the ski wide open and see if you are losing boost out of the blowoff valve? I have seen them fail and will simply be disallowing you to reach full boost. Since the valve faces down, perhaps you didn’t notice that when you were doing your soapy water tests?

To confirm: when you run wide open and are limited to 5800-5900, you have no
    check engine light... correct?

+1
    I had a similar issue with mine a few weeks ago, It was around 6500rpm though. I ended up getting a bad wastegate solenoid and bad map sensor from autozone. They replaced them no problem and everything was back to normal.

Salty dog i had the seat off when checking it with the soap water. I cant fit my hand down under the blow off valve when under boost to check i guess i can try to swist it upside down and try it again and i can find out. I have to wait for rain to get the river abit higher before i can ride again but will def try it. Alsi correct no check engine light at all when riding.

Polaris junky... I blew through the solenoid while applying 12volts and the solenoid does stop air flow and appears to be operating. I guess i can try different map sensors. I could also check them on my colbalt since they use the same bosh sensors. The sensors i bought are bosh from dealer not aftermarket.

+1
    You’ll get it figured out. But I’ll advise you that if you don’t have a check engine light, it’s 99.99998% chance that you have a boost pressure issue, not a sensor issue. I’d really work hard to hand feel for boost leaks and check that blowoff valve. Wastegate actuator, wastegate controller solenoid, bad turbo, or boost leaks. Has it ever run right for you? Are you a new owner?

Salty dog.. I will check that again for boost leak and focus on the bov. Any good test to test bov is working properly? or is it a simple no air good any air bad? If it ends up being the bov what are my options since it seems u cant get these new? Ive had it out a few times this year with no problems. My question is there a way to test the wastegate actuator itself? How much spring tension should it have? Thanks again all

+1
    My sensors were OEM pierburg and bosh not aftermarket as well, just bad out of the box. I think maybe dealer returns maybe, not sure. Also there was no check engine light. The upper map sensor (according to digital wrench) was reading 100 degrees higher than the other temp sensors after sitting overnight.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information