Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best spots on the Jersey Shore????

Where’s the best riding in Jersey? I’ve heard a lot about Barnegat, looking for something central, doing happy hour in Belmar this week

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by coachfarnen View Post
    Where’s the best riding in Jersey? I’ve heard a lot about Barnegat, looking for something central, doing happy hour in Belmar this week
    Shark river is next to belmar, a little south of Belmar is manasquan river which has an island to hang out on and restaurants to stop at. South of manasquan is Barnegat bay.

3. +1 by:

+1
    You're best bet is to head south out of the inlet towards Manasquan and explore the river like Scott mentioned above. It's roughly +/- 5 miles down the coast from Shark River to the Manasquan Inlet. Be sure to check the tide charts for the day you'll be riding since the river can get quite shallow if you decide to venture away from the main channel. If you're looking for a place to dock and dine, River Rock is tough to beat. They have great food and offer public slips for you to pull up on and leave your ski. If you decide to go there, ask for Jim (he's the harbor master there). He'll take care of you even if all of the slips are filled. Hope this helps, Nick.

Any particular ramp on Manasquan to use? We are from out of state and would prefer free but if paying gets us to a better more ideal launch location, closer to the Ocean the better....

Let me out of here......I need to go on Greenhulk!
    +1
    I dont think you will find a free ramp on the manasquan the few times I rode there i used the one all the way up at the end. Personally the manasquan is way too small, too many no wake and always see the CG and state police hawking. Only plus is that the ocean is real close which is great if you are fishing.
    Lots of free ramps on barnegat bay, I would see if you find one near the barnegat inlet you like either on the bay side or LBI. You have a better chance of running into people on watercraft if you hang out in that area.

+1

Best spots on the Jersey Shore????

Manasquan is my local riding area, yes its limited but beneficial in other ways. Restaurants, island to relax on and ocean access to check out the beach scene.

Lighting jacks on ridge road or Manasquan river club i suggest. Pending time if launch, both marinas are risky at low tide outside of the channel.

What day do you plan on riding?

Lighting jacks - $15.00 single trailer or $20.00 for double

Manasquan river club - $22.00 per ski

+1
    I am from PA, also looking for places to ride, can anyone enlighten riders about parking permits, launch permits? I keep reading conflicting things. I really don't want to come back to find a $200 parking ticket because I didn't have a sticker on my trailer. Thanks. I am assuming at this point that $20 or so gets parking and your safe, but the free launches?

+1
    I can only speak on the Belmar Marina since that's home base for me and the one I'm most familiar with. In order to launch from the ramp, you have to purchase two tokens either from the marina office or whomever is working the gate. To save yourself some trouble, just go directly to the marina office (adjacent to Marina Grille on the side opposite the patio) and buy them there since the guys working the gate tend to come and go as they please... Parking is free and is located directly across from the ramp. Once you're in the water, I'd recommend heading through the inlet out to the ocean. It's roughly a 20 minute ride through a no wake zone but well worth it. Hope this helps, Nick.

+1
    Shrewsbury/Navesink for me. Beautiful fall day yesterday, bright sunshine, warm temps, & light traffic on the water.

+1
    My personal favorite is LBI always pretty calm , bridges to go under, sand bar hang out area and miles of fun costal riding. Can be a bit pricey on launching.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information