Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Buying a Spark(s)

I am looking to get a Spark or two. Used ones in my area seem to be priced high compared to new prices. Plus paying cash vs financing at a low rate. Just trying to decide what would be best. I'd prefer a 2up 90HP and definitely want IBR and VTS. I can add VTS later for about $200, obviously the IBR is essential.

Right now I am looking at a few different deals. I know its approaching the end of the season in NC, so it's becoming a buyers market. I live on the lake, already have an empty double trailer. But would get another trailer if the deal was right.

1) 2017 Sea doo Spark Trixx 2 up and a 2017 Sea Doo Spark 3up with IBR and conv package. 17 hrs and 28 hrs respectively. Comes on a Move 2 trailer. $13000 firm. Very close by to me.

2) 2 matching 2016 Sea Doo Sparks 90 hp with IBR and convenience. 50 hours each. Comes on a nice triton double trailer. Looks new. $12000, he's firm for now but may drop price if they don't sell in a few weeks. This guy is about 1.5 hrs away. Comes with covers too.

3) 2015 Sea Doo Spark 2 up with 90hp and IBR and conv. No trailer. 45 hours. $4000 firm and he will meet me 1 hour from my house to lake test it.

4) Brand new 2018 Spark Trixx 2 up. $7045 plus tax no trailer. On sale.

+1
    5) Do options 3 and 4, that way you have 1 ski with full warranty and 1 that is not. With a trailer you will be around the 12k mark.

+1
    Little bit of a drive from NC, but..........pick up a brand new one for $5,700. At that price, get 2 ($11,400).

https://www.mmsconyers.com/New-Inven...61218?ref=list

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    3 is a time bomb.
    2014 -2015 had crankshafts with a bad seal design with an expensive fix ( new 2016-present crank)

5. +1 by:

I say option #1 but if possible buy new. Get 3up if possible because of better stability and higher resale value. Dealer's will have great deals on new 2 ups cause they aren't selling as well. The advantage of buying new is purchasing extended warranty. Get extended warranty for as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by JMOATL View Post
    Little bit of a drive from NC, but..........pick up a brand new one for $5,700. At that price, get 2 ($11,400).

https://www.mmsconyers.com/New-Inven...61218?ref=list
    I tried them and they said 5800 for the ski, 787 doc fee and 148 for prep. No sales tax as I am out of state, but have a feeling I would be getting a bill for it later down the road. Still not a bad deal at $6735, but not sure it's worth driving 8-10 hours round trip.

Thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2smoker119 View Post
    . . . No sales tax as I am out of state, but have a feeling I would be getting a bill for it later down the road.
    Ohhhhhh yeahhhhhh, as soon as you go to register it here, in NC

I’m sorta in the same boat as you, depending upon how pharmaceuticals perform over the next 6 months anyway so, one question I’m wondering where you have decid3d is the adjustable handle bars?

I mean, I like the idea of adjustability but, the purchase would be to push playing on this thing the H*LL of its limits and I believe I‘ve heard / read quite a bit about the handle bars not staying locked in, once the rider starts getting crazy ...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by truck240 View Post
    I say option #1 but if possible buy new. Get 3up if possible because of better stability and higher resale value. Dealer's will have great deals on new 2 ups cause they aren't selling as well. The advantage of buying new is purchasing extended warranty. Get extended warranty for as long as possible.
    This is a common theme with BRP products for some reason. I used to have a Can-Am Spyder and all the owners were campaigning hardcore for making sure you had warranty.

Thanks all, I am trying to get my local shop to match the Mountain Motorsports price, if they do, I will probably have a new Trixx in my garage! I am heading to the Dominican next week so probably waiting until I get back to purchase.

In the mean time, if anyone sees any deals they want to pass along, send them over! It will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

IMHO get the longest extended warranty you can because BRP is the only source for a replacement engine. The Spark is still relatively new so engine parts like crankshafts, pistons aren't as readily available as 4tec parts from aftermarket or eBay.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information