Angry 1993 Kawasaki 750 SS onlly spits out of pisser

Good Morning Guys,

As stated I have a 1993 Kawasaki 750 ss Big Pin that only spits water out of the pisser. I was riding it and it kicked the over temp sensor on and limited my power down. I took it home and started inspecting it following info I found here on the forum.

The 90 on the pump is clear
    The prop and liner are in good condition
    I Blew out all of the lines with my compressor
    I had the head decked .005
    New Head Gasket
    All new Exhaust Gaskets
    Has 140 matching PSI in both holes

no difference on the water or on the hose

Honestly, I am running out of ideas. its a pretty simple 2 stroke, and its kicking my ass lol. I would apricate any input on this.

Thanks,

Nick

+1
    Since you have gone through all the other stuff, I would pull the exhaust manifold and make sure the fitting is not corroded up and creating a restriction that is not allowing enough water to the cylinders. While the head off, did you blow into the cylinder water jackets to make sure they weren't full of sand or gravel?

The barb on the bottom of the manifold is clean and clear. While the motor was out of the ski I cleaned the watter jackets out on the block and got the sand and salt out. I'm really lost on this. Everything is clean clear and hooked up right. And the pisser just spits and sputters watter.

+1
    Did you check the hose that goes to & from the temp sensor?

Yea clean and clear

+1
    I don't remember that much about it, but water flows through the exhaust on those. As I remember, there is a metal gasket in the exhaust that has to be installed in the correct direction because it has a water orifice in it. Look at all the holes in the coupling inside the rubber sleeve. I don't remember what happens if that gets plugged, but I'm sure it will send water where it shouldn't go.

+1
    If I remember right, water comes in through the manifold, up the cyl's, out the head to the header pipe, and out the ski. Since it's over heating with no water flow even on the hose, the t on the head might be plugged.

+1
    Since you say there is no difference when running it on the hose, which essentially runs the cooling system backwards, the water would have to be by-passing the cylinders. The only way I can see that happening is if the water is going straight from the exhaust manifold to the expansion chamber. From the jet pump, the water comes in to the bottom of the exhaust manifold and is diverted to the cylinders, into the head and out to the expansion chamber. There is a metal separator gasket between the manifold and expansion chamber with a small bleed hole in it. If this gasket is eroded away and allowing too much water to go into the expansion chamber before getting to the cylinders, this will be your problem and would explain the issue whether on the lake or on the hose.

Thread Information