+1

Ultra Dipstick blow out...

Hello all,2012 Ultra300x with 125 hours. Only mods are a SCOM and block off plate for the BOV. I noticed on my last ride the dipstick blew out halfway, fingers crossed for another ride today and it was fine all day. I was't running it hard however towards the end of the ride a guy on an FX was staking me, and I assumed he wanted to race. I was correct in that assumption, and the Ultra walked him. Anyway, during that time it was running like a raped ape, so after I was done I checked and sure enough the dipstick had blown out. . .

I would guess that the rings are getting a bit weak and allowing blow by at high boost. I searched around and it looks like members here had the same issue, with the fix being a strap on the dip stick. That's cool and all but I am wondering how much more life the guys that did that saw out of their engines, or should I just do a teardown this winter and hone the cylinders, then pop new rings on.. Hmmm..

This happened to me once. My problem was that I had kinked the top hose coming off catch can. Might not be your problem, but you might want to check this hose is flowing freely.
    Last edited by Mark Tx; 07-27-2018 at 02:34 PM.

+1
    Thanks.. I will check out the whole venting system. I'll also likely do a leakdown test while I am messing around..

Yep, Zip ties will do the trick. I would not recommend using any kind of tape though; the tape will melt and make a mess! JB

5. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks for all the help guys. I will still do my end of season Leakdown test when I go to winterize it. For now I am gonna zip it and run it. Maybe, just maybe Kawi will come up with something good for next year and I will sell it if that doubtfully happens.. Hey I can dream can't I...

7. +1 by:

Thread Information