+1

Real cold air intake for seadoo boat

Just installed a cold air set up using the port side speaker hole that fits the 4" hose perfectly with no cuts, etc. and can put speaker back, etc. in minutes. Toliet seat ring held by only 1 screw as that's the most solid place in the boat.
    Resulted in 200 more rpm's from previous set up that had the K/N filter by the air vent above battery on port side, so if your filter is in the engine room it will probably be even more than 200 rpm's?
    Also has a cool super charger/blower sound when you get on it. Running a water repellent sock over the KN filer for any splashes, etc. If we get into a storm, etc. it is a minute to put the filter back into the engine room in previous position.
    Then simply put the OEM speaker part in and no water like before. I've been in some 4 ft. chop in high winds/big boats, etc. and if i kept the bow up, no issues with water.
    If i need more top end in a race, i take the entire KN filter off and that's even better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SPEEDSTER COLD AIR INTAKE  PICTURES fnl.pdf  

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ron@commonwealthusa.net View Post
    Just installed a cold air set up using the port side speaker hole that fits the 4" hose perfectly with no cuts, etc. and can put speaker back, etc. in minutes. Toliet seat ring held by only 1 screw as that's the most solid place in the boat.
    Resulted in 200 more rpm's from previous set up that had the K/N filter by the air vent above battery on port side, so if your filter is in the engine room it will probably be even more than 200 rpm's?
    Also has a cool super charger/blower sound when you get on it. Running a water repellent sock over the KN filer for any splashes, etc. If we get into a storm, etc. it is a minute to put the filter back into the engine room in previous position.
    Then simply put the OEM speaker part in and no water like before. I've been in some 4 ft. chop in high winds/big boats, etc. and if i kept the bow up, no issues with water.
    If i need more top end in a race, i take the entire KN filter off and that's even better.
    Hate to say it, but it looks like dirt. A real eye sore. I did one flush, using the faceplate of a speaker. I added a sub and speakers at different locations on the boat.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jackywacky067 View Post
    Hate to say it, but it looks like dirt. A real eye sore. I did one flush, using the faceplate of a speaker. I added a sub and speakers at different locations on the boat.
    not for looks, for performance. if you mount flush, you lose the side air and the 60 mph forced wind. If not needing speed, we simply put it back in the engine room and place filter near the outside air vent on port side.
    Put speaker cover on and like oem. If you like looks, not sure why you have a speedster??

Feel like it added anymore power than where it was before? You had it right under the opening under the hatch correct?

how many closet flanges do you have on the boat now? sorry, couldn’t resist.

And how loud is the blower whine with the filter right there?

+1
    Buddy has one with a wake tower which he added tower speakers and a sub. He removed the guts on both stock speakers, kept the speaker faceplate covers which has a LOT of large openings for air flow. He added 4 more vents, hidden, around the rear hatch. The air filter is cotton/paper free and located behind the open speaker faceplates in the engine compartment... Plenty of fresh air flow, no worries of ingesting water and does 71-73 Mph with it in the summer. No difference in performance with the rear hatch off or air filter located as displayed on previous messages. Not bad when you consider he has 110 lbs of batteries in the boat, sound system and wake tower..
    Has the 137 wheel, tune, 60 injectors, F1000 fizzle external intercooler, titanium retainers, etc.

+1
    it had 200-300 more RPM's with filter in speaker hole vs. inside engine room near outside vent on port side. You can hear the supercharger much more. some like that sound like the whining you get in a muscle car with a blower.

Thread Information