Floatchella 2018 is coming up on Saturday, July 28th starting at 11am. The event is held @ Tices Shoal which is located in the Barnegat Bay right next to Island Beach State Park. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Floatchella, here is the description taken directly from the Facebook Event:

The biggest float party happening at Tices Shoal, NJ this Summer 2018!

It's no secret that unique floats are a "thing" now. First there were swans, then there were pizza slices, now there's a float for EVERYTHING!

Bring your REALLY COOL floats to Tices Shoal. We will all be gathering in the bay (usually just south of the stairs) at Tices to bring together the coolest float party Tices has ever seen. Invite your friends, parents and dogs but make sure they don't come floatless!

* P.S. No basic floats and we do not promote the consumption of alcohol.

*This event is only able to be accessed by water. In the past, Island Beach State Park did not allow folks to park their cars and come over to the bay side. We expect it will be the same situation this year so we cannot encourage parking there. The only way to attend is by finding some form of water craft to float on over in!

* This event is intended for floaters of all ages !

I am posting this thread to see how many members planned on attending. If so, where are you launching/ riding from? I would love to hear some feedback on this and see if anyone is up for making the ride from Shark River with me! I have several rides of this duration under my belt but this would be my farthest trip south down the coast. Who's up for it?!