Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    +1
    All I can say is be careful with the tuning you use with the cam guys, I was running the vtech tune with a very aggressive crt cam, I though all that had to be adjusted was fueling but with perfect afr's there was still far too much timing in the midrange for the cam and there was a ton of knock so the ecu would pull all of the timing and it would run like crap. You'd need to data log and adjust the timing accordingly and it would requires some serious work cuz the vtech is such a pain in the ass to use imo. I'm running a crt flash now for the specific cam and it runs perfect. I ran a 159 15/20 4 blade before with mibunkerking's (sorry I forget your name man) rude 2. Couldnt hit over 8300 in the humidity at about 75mph. Now I'm running a 161 3 blade and the ski is set up for cc racing/handling not top speed, this cam spins the 3 blade right to 9k and tops at 84 on dash. Not apples to apples but bottom line is the crt guys have some great cams and amazing reflashes.

2. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by connorrxp View Post
    All I can say is be careful with the tuning you use with the cam guys, I was running the vtech tune with a very aggressive crt cam, I though all that had to be adjusted was fueling but with perfect afr's there was still far too much timing in the midrange for the cam and there was a ton of knock so the ecu would pull all of the timing and it would run like crap. You'd need to data log and adjust the timing accordingly and it would requires some serious work cuz the vtech is such a pain in the ass to use imo. I'm running a crt flash now for the specific cam and it runs perfect. I ran a 159 15/20 4 blade before with mibunkerking's (sorry I forget your name man) rude 2. Couldnt hit over 8300 in the humidity at about 75mph. Now I'm running a 161 3 blade and the ski is set up for cc racing/handling not top speed, this cam spins the 3 blade right to 9k and tops at 84 on dash. Not apples to apples but bottom line is the crt guys have some great cams and amazing reflashes.
    Good advice connorrxp, thanks for that. When you were getting part throttle knock, was that with pump gas(93)? Also, do you know how much retard the ECU was pulling out when in knock?

Looking over the MapX tunes, the timing tables look the same from the "Stage 3" versus the "Stage 3 plus cam" map. Looks like they are doing all the adjustments with fuel. Do you think that just means the CRT cam is much more aggressive than the Riva grind?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by connorrxp View Post
    Thanks for the advise Connor, name is Chris. Glad to hear you got some use out of the 2rude. Though it doesnít sound like it worked for your setup all that well.

As far as tuning, Iím on motec so making adjustments is a breeze. Iím also not looking to spin 9k+. 8600-8800 is where I like to be.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Greggpru View Post
    I have the supercharged stage 2, its has great pull all around and really pulls all around and is great from midrange to top end. I picked up approx 300rpm up top.
    That sounds about perfect for what Iím looking for. Seems like the only downside is the downtime, May have to give them a try

+1
    What is the difference in profiles between a cam for a 260 and a 300?

+1
    Pm. Slow 91(chris) at Eastside powersports.

8. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodslinger142 View Post
    Good advice connorrxp, thanks for that. When you were getting part throttle knock, was that with pump gas(93)? Also, do you know how much retard the ECU was pulling out when in knock?

Looking over the MapX tunes, the timing tables look the same from the "Stage 3" versus the "Stage 3 plus cam" map. Looks like they are doing all the adjustments with fuel. Do you think that just means the CRT cam is much more aggressive than the Riva grind?
    Yeah it was with 94 pump gas, I have no idea how much it would pull but it was a lot, usually when the ecu would pull timing you cant even feel it but this was like a wall. I'd say the crt is much more aggressive than the riva cam, the idle is nuts sounds like a big block chevy idling with a thru hull. I attribute the 83mph top speed to this cam as most people on the stage 3 dont hit 83 with only a 137 wheel on a t3 hull, much less with the whole hull in the water dragging slowing it down.

+1
    Does anyone know if any Seadoo cam "core" will fit in the 300? They look the same, but I am not sure. Meaning, if I bought any random 4Tec (1503) cam off Ebay or something, do you think it would be a suitable cam to send off for regrind for a 300 engine?

+1
    Chris said that the 260-300 cams are the same, Idk about the others

12. +1 by:

+1
    The cams are the same on the 260 and 300 from 2012 thru 2017s. 2018 300's have a Different part Number. I'm Not sure on what the Difference might be. Duration, Lift

14. +1 by:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information