Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    +1
    Have you resealed your transom plate yet? Literally....every yamaha made after about 05 has to have the plate resealed. Yamaha used next to zero sealant on the plate. Use 3M 4200 to seal it. If you use 5200 you will never get it off again. Start there. Then recheck. Leave everything bolted up tight when checking for leaks. After the 1st leak check, remove the ride plate. Check bolt holes. Then remove intake grate and check bolt holes. Mine leaks slightly from a couple of ride plate bolts, but is dry with the plate bolted up, so I decided not to pull the fittings out to reseal. I did have to reseal my transom, however. Almost sank my ski after I bought it not knowing it had a leak.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FZS_Chris View Post

Removed the Intake grate and re-did the leak test. Still seems to be leaking at the impeller shaft which I thought I fixed last year by replacing the rubber hose enclosing the impeller shaft.

I'm also planning to install this https://rivaracing.com/i-17285046-ri...%7Cmodel%3DFZS driveshaft sleeve kit which seems easier to install and probably seals better than the OEM rubber sleeve (OEM sleeve was a very tight fight and had to bend it a lot to get it on the manifolds).

Overall, if I install this driveshaft sleeve kit while applying black 5200 on the bolts... If I still have a leak then it has to be something with the driveshaft manifold not sealing properly. But I've ordered a new bilge pump and drain plugs so I'll at least be able to ride the rest of the season... I just won't be able to keep the ski in the water for too long.
    That sleeve kit is a waste of money. The OEM rubber hose almost never fails. It's a piece of cloth impregnated rubber hose...basically a radiator hose. If you do want to replace it....remove it, go to Oreillys and match up a gates pressure hose, and cut off the piece you need. Much cheaper, and only 2 joints. The Riva design has 4 joints...more joints=more places to leak!

I haven’t resealed the transom plate yet but I will definitely keep that in mind. From where that leak is coming from though it seems the leak would be maybe from part 21 in this diagram https://www.babbittsonline.com/oempa...f39/jet-unit-2
    Where the driveshaft goes out to the jet unit, which is where the stream of water is coming down in the pictures. Possibly that manifold is not sealed well? I could try replacing it or just shooting some 4200 around to reseal it.
    Appreciate your input!

+1
    I think it will be leaking from the centre bearing

5. +1 by:

+1
    I've never seen one leak from there...but anything is possible. Literally.....and do not overthink this....if you haven't resealed your transom plate....DO IT FIRST!!! Every one built from about 05 on needs to be resealed. A leaking plate can easily be misdiagnosed as the part you mention leaking. DO THE TRANSOM PLATE RESEAL!!!!! Then if it still leaks we will work through that!

Took the jet unit apart yesterday and re-did the water test. Also replaced the burnt out bilge pump and the front hatch strut assembly. You can see the transom plate which is not through-hull, there's a gap between it and where the leak is. To re-seal it, should I take it off and clean it up first or just use some 4200 around it to reinforce the seal?
    I'm seeing the water coming from just before the driveshaft splines which would be just behind the engine... I might have to take the divider out and see what it could be... Not sure on this one.
    One of the threads also pulled out with one of the bolts.. Not sure if the best option is to do a heli-coil or order a new trim ring
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4079.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	451440   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4082.JPG 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	451441   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4083.jpg 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	451442   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4085.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	451443  

+1
    As I said above
    Itís leaking from the centre bearing ( mid shaft )
    You will need to change the housing to a new one

9. +1 by:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information