Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    +1
    My first guess was going to be some sort of PV failure, but it doesn't really look like a lot of debris was bouncing around in there.

I'm personally a fan of oil injection and think it's reliable. If your line was intact and unobstructed, I'd guess that's not the cause of your mishap. It also looks like the cylinder was getting oil. At WOT I think the pump supplies at 30:1, so it was probably pulsing correctly.

I'm far from an authority on this topic...just a backyard mechanic at best, and usually a drunk one at that. I'm just too cheap to pay someone to do my work.

I'm sure someone will chime in soon and immediately identify the cause.

I will say the WaveEaters are essential, though. I'd be installing those when you rebuild for sure. Otherwise you may find yourself rebuilding again soon way before you'd hoped.

Update: where the piston part is missing I see my ring gap...so compared to my other 2 it is about 180* off. So it seems I lost my locator pin on the upper ring. No damage to the exhaust port though. It just eventually caused meltdown on the piston I guess always having a leak on the exhaust. Is this unusual for the 1300s? guess I'm as far as i can go now till i pull the cylinder, and see how many pieces my ring is in.

+1
    When you rebuild, make sure to use the new head gasket design that has superior cooling passages to the rear cylinder. I just remembered that and replied to another post about that today and realized it applies to you, too!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information