Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

need a new trailer

i have a 2015 Yami FX HO. My son keeps telling me my trailer is too small for the ski. Is there a specific size trailer per size of ski to get?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5230014.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	435835  

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kzzzski View Post
    Tip: If the rear straps are angled way back to reach from trailer to ski tie down points the trailer may be too small or the hull is too far back. The more vertical the rear straps the better.

Hard Rd to say how much more forward you can move the winch post without the hull being too close to the trailer frame.

Hard to tell from the photo, so ... Make sure winch strap goes under the bow roller, not over.

Thanks for the info..............................any chance anyone if buying a trailer from the the Reginal Factory in Denver SC "Triton" any less then from a dealership?

+1
    The trailer should have a weight rating label. Check that vs. your ski's weight. I recommend a rating of at least 1000 pounds for modern 3 seaters.

+1
    Most old trailers will be too small for a modern machine. Then you have the added proble of so many Seadoo Sparks out there. This looks like it could be a Spark trailer perhaps.

because the rear of the ski is hanging off the back I would check to make sure there is enough weight on the tongue.

How are you using the trailer? Parking it at the launch? Then maybe who cares. But is doing some actual towing, get that thing correct.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kzzzski View Post
    Thanks for the info..............................any chance anyone if buying a trailer from the the Reginal Factory in Denver SC "Triton" any less then from a dealership?
    When I bought mine in 2013, I got it from the distributor in Houston because it was ~$600 less than buying at a dealership for my double trailer. It only takes a FREE phone call to see if they'll sell to you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    When I bought mine in 2013, I got it from the distributor in Houston because it was ~$600 less than buying at a dealership for my double trailer. It only takes a FREE phone call to see if they'll sell to you.
    The Triton distributor is no longer in Houston, now in Point Blank, Texas (near Lake Livington).

ALUMINUM TRAILER CONNECTION
    Regional Factory Representative
    Point Blank, TX
    USA
    800-858-4633

I bought the trailer used when I bought the ski. There was a SeaDoo sitting on it before I bought and that ski looked pretty long. I never had any issues with it. HOwever 15 minutes Im hitching it up and Im on the water. I did take it to Florida a few time with no issues. However I did bust the axle, rotted out from inside out. Im looking at the Triton LT WCI-TX, would like the WC2-2 but not in the budget right now. (buying a 2nd hopefully within a year) I guess I have to make a few calls

Just called the Reginal Factory Representative in Denver NC they said only sell to dealers. All my dealers here are sold out of model I want.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information