Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

+1

Question Replace engine mount bolts?

Hi,

Is it possible to replace the engine mount bolts that sits in the hull?

+1
    Nobody knows?

Let me check when I get home tonight

It looks like you can...but probably a major ordeal!!

You can see in this pic, some sort of stainless steel strap-deal in the aluminum slot.
    It runs the whole length of the heat exchanger.

The motor mount bolts seem to have a round head, probably with the square notch between the shank and the head?...that locks into the SS strap when you pull up on it.
    In this pic, the bolts seem to be held up by the silicone from the factory. I'm assuming that if the silicone wasn't there, the bolts would all drop down and they would all slide
    out to the rear, along with the SS strap.

If you can somehow pull off this job without pulling motor and all other stuff....Id be super impressed!!!! But your stuff is already impressive....so, could be easy for you...who knows?
    Good Luck, let us know how it goes....

5. +1 by:

+1
    RIDEH2O, thank you very much for those pictures, much appreciated. Unfortunately my 2-stroke project took a major turn downwards last weekend. I was back in the garage to really get to the bottom with the engine issue I had. The first step was to replace the custom engine rubber mounts since they were too soft and allowed the engine to move around too much and then I removed the jet pump to make it more convenient to do the WOT tests.

When I removed the pump the drive shaft came out in two parts, it had snapped right off in the end facing the engine. The last parts with the splines were stuck in the custom adapter I had a company make. When I finally got it out the splines in the adapter were broken. Also the rather expensive PPS axle seal had broke, the composite sealing part were cracked and came out in three parts All this must have happened during the WOT testing I did last fall and I just didn't notice at that point.

So the reason for the question about the bolts is that I'm looking into putting back an ACE900 again. But I had to cut all the bolts when installing the E-TEC so they are about half as long as stock now.

I have an ACE900 still but it has been under water and I was told that it has bent conrods due to hydro lock damage. But I'm going to tear it down to check for sure starting tonight, also I need to see if the water did any more damage or corrosion.

I've always had a plan B if the E-TEC didn't work out and that is turbo. I'm a bit out of motivation just now though but we'll see if it comes back If the conrods and everything else is OK it might be that I just put it back stock and sell it. But if they are bent I just might get the Carillo forged ones together with forged CP low compression pistons and go turbo all the way

I have both left and right motormount/heat exchangers if you would like them...to get you back to normal.
    Bolts are all fine and already silicone in place. I am not using these on my project. They're yours if you want to pay shipping...which might be a lot to Sweden???

My project if interested...

http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=474263

8. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks for the offer but as you said, it's probably not very cost effective But I'll keep it in mind depending on how it goes. The bolts were $6 each at the forum shop so if I'll just manage to replace them it would not be too bad.

On the other hand I got the ACE900 apart tonight and this is what I found, I'm pretty sure a conrod is not supposed to look like that and just to clarify the piston is in the lower part of the picture:

The other two looked fine but I'll need to get them out and measure them, hopefully it might be enough to buy only one new conrod.

I had actually seen your build thread before at some point, very cool project It's a good thing there are people like us doing stuff that no other does, makes the world just a bit more interesting. Some times it just doesn't work out, like for me this time, but that's just how it is
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4815.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	435090  

10. +1 by:

that's nothing!

+1
    Haha, there's always somebody worse

+1
    Get the crank checked for true based on that rod bend...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information