+1

Help - Boost Issues

Hey Guys/Gals,

My F-12x is having some WGS control issues. I have replaced the WGS with a new one and still get 8ish psi and will only go 45ish MPH. The WGS does not get a signal to open but does throw a code if i disconnect it. Also, its tough to start takes several cranking attempts before it will start to idle, then takes about 30 seconds before you can tough the throttle or it will stall. Does this sound like a harness issue? Is there a way to troubleshoot it without an O-scope? Hoping its not the ECU, all the threads i have read on the eco talk about knock sensor codes.

I confirmed everything is mechanically fine by disconnecting the WGS and allowing the circuit to vent to atmosphere, it overboosted as expected.

Other notes,

Engine just rebuilt - 5ish hours good compression
    No water in oil
    New plugs

I build Horsepower
    +1
    Your post is not clear.

The WGS (waste gate solenoid) if the hose is disconnected will not cause the ski to "overboost" However, disconnecting the WGA (waste gate actuator) Will cause the ski to overboost. These are 2 very different circuits.

My guess or recommendation is go back and check your turbo hose connections and see if the wastegate restrictor is missing. That will cause the WGS to not be able to control the WGA like you are describing with your original problem.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	restrictor.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	434620  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroShark View Post
    Your post is not clear.

The WGS (waste gate solenoid) if the hose is disconnected will not cause the ski to "overboost" However, disconnecting the WGA (waste gate actuator) Will cause the ski to overboost. These are 2 very different circuits.

My guess or recommendation is go back and check your turbo hose connections and see if the wastegate restrictor is missing. That will cause the WGS to not be able to control the WGA like you are describing with your original problem.

Sorry i was not clear, i vented the waste gate actuator to atmosphere to prove mechanically everything was fine. Yes the restrictor pill was in there. Turns out it was the ECU just put a new one in and the WGS is acting like it should. Previously it was not pulsing at idle or any other RPM range.

I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out, shout out to Brian at Jet ski international for taking my call!

Its been an expensive year for the Honda - engine rebuild, new ECU, some cosmetics. Hopefully good for another 170 hours!

Thread Information