new to me 05 F12 non turbo wont crank

I took a chance on this 05 F12 it had a brand new trailer so I bought it. The guy that had it claimed it just died while riding. He said it would crank but wouldn't start so He carried it to a shop in Myrtle Beach and they told him the throttle body needed replaced but he said they wanted almost $1700 so he didn't have it done. When I went to look at the ski it wouldn't crank, it just made some buzzing and clicking sounds and I noticed when I put on the lanyard there weren't any beeps like my 02 turbo? I can hear the fuel pump run, dash lights up but I don't hear anything from the starter at all, no clicks or anything. Well today I pulled the air box off and there was some sand in the opening of the throttle body and it was stuck open. I sprayed it up and it was easy to free up. I don't see any sand in the air box. I checked the main relay which checked good but I switched it with the one from my turbo and no change so I opened the starter relay box and it looks like brand new so I figured the main ground wire, it all looks like new. I'm not sure where the problem is but I don't think the starter is even trying to spin?
    Video of when I first put the battery in and tried starting the ski

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	05F12.jpeg.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	128.5 KB 
ID:	434539  

Are you getting power to the lug on the starter? If not are you getting power where that wire comes from?

fixed?

what was the fix? mine is doing this exact thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 5string View Post
    I took a chance on this 05 F12 it had a brand new trailer so I bought it. The guy that had it claimed it just died while riding. He said it would crank but wouldn't start so He carried it to a shop in Myrtle Beach and they told him the throttle body needed replaced but he said they wanted almost $1700 so he didn't have it done. When I went to look at the ski it wouldn't crank, it just made some buzzing and clicking sounds and I noticed when I put on the lanyard there weren't any beeps like my 02 turbo? I can hear the fuel pump run, dash lights up but I don't hear anything from the starter at all, no clicks or anything. Well today I pulled the air box off and there was some sand in the opening of the throttle body and it was stuck open. I sprayed it up and it was easy to free up. I don't see any sand in the air box. I checked the main relay which checked good but I switched it with the one from my turbo and no change so I opened the starter relay box and it looks like brand new so I figured the main ground wire, it all looks like new. I'm not sure where the problem is but I don't think the starter is even trying to spin?
    Video of when I first put the battery in and tried starting the ski

Thread Information