Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake_Nation View Post
    Per the owners manual: Low fuel level/light, approx 25% tank capacity, 3.7gal of fuel remaining...
    I topped off my 18 GTX LTD 300 with gas and then rode it until the low fuel warning light and beeper came on. I then stopped riding and loaded it onto the trailer.

When I re-topped it at the gas station, it took exactly 11.25 gallons. So, since the tank is spec'd to hold 15.9 gallons, I can assume that there was still 4.65 gallons or 29% fuel remaining.

Comparing this real world result with the owners manual, I think it's safe to assume there will be approximatly a quarter tank remaining when the low fuel light/alarm comes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake_Nation View Post
    Per the owners manual: Low fuel level/light, approx 25% tank capacity, 3.7gal of fuel remaining.

My buddy and I have matching '18 RXT's and we've both found that we can ride a solid 3-4 hours on sport and touring modes and still have 1 to 2 bars left at the boat ramp. I'll admit that the fuel economy isn't the greatest on these units but then again you have to realize these machines are built for one thing, speed so it's not the top priority in regards to design. Either way if your worried about running out of gas do what I did and purchase a LinQ fuel caddie, it's saved me 4 times now.
    That's actually not bad. When I run on purely in Sport mode, maintaining 6K RPM, I only get about 2 hours until I have to fill up. I wouldn't say I get low fuel light, but I have about 4 bars left. Now when I fill up I put the ski in Eco mode until I am ready to play lol.

+1
    On my RXT-260, I usually head for the dock at tank, whenever that comes, which is generally anywhere between 1-1 hours. Then I go home and put in a 5 gallon gan of Rec-gas, push the button, and it always says full. So it cost's me about 19 bucks in gas, every funday.

I have a 2019 rxt 300 I have 18 hours on it. I have noticed it will be at 1 bar on fuel gauge and I will go to fill up it takes around 10 to 11 gallons. My owner is a manual says it holds 18 gallons. I have never added my then 12 gallons of gas to that tank. Yesterday it went from showing 1/2 tank to 1 bar in 20 min of riding in eco mode. I am taking it in to get checked.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MrElussive View Post
    The 300's burn gas like crazy in Sport mode. And yes I find they are so conservative with the fuel gauge. Personally, when I am running kind of low, I just go to the fuel menu and pull up the distance to empty and set that to show on the home screen.
    This is risky. I ran out trying this as it adjusts on the fly. I could see my ramp and was floating the wrong way downriver. Was a nice swim.

Quote Originally Posted by Ktodd6965 View Post
    I have a 2019 rxt 300 I have 18 hours on it. I have noticed it will be at 1 bar on fuel gauge and I will go to fill up it takes around 10 to 11 gallons. My owner is a manual says it holds 18 gallons. I have never added my then 12 gallons of gas to that tank. Yesterday it went from showing 1/2 tank to 1 bar in 20 min of riding in eco mode. I am taking it in to get checked.
    If I ride in sport mode, I get the 2 bar gas warning after about an hour tops. I figure that it's just normal. The tank is small and the motor is huge.

Every boat is different in terms of when the low fuel light comes on. You need to run yours down a few times to see how much fuel it takes. With 2 bars I have ~4gal left. I typically carry a 2gal Rotopax in the front compartment. Figure I can baby it back on 2gal wherever I ride. Better safe than sorry.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    for reference, at full throttle you can expect to burn 16gal/hour on flat water

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information