Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks for the replies, yeh I'm pretty certain it did sink or go under briefly however, the pistons are moving freely off the flywheel just no movement from the Bendix, will investigate on how to get off with these methods tonight

We are still struggling to get the flywheel off, we have tried heat and a gear puller so far but nothing. Can you recommend any methods to free it up?

When I had to remove mine I had the flywheel puller set up and it really didn't seem like it was going to come off without something breaking but I just kept going and eventually there was a huge bang I thought I broke the front of my crank off but it was the flywheel. Make sure you have the puller pulling absolutely straight if not you could very well break something or increase the end run out of the crank if you really crank on it. My flywheel was covered in loctite so heat, making sure the puller is straight on, and just really cranking it and it should pop off.

+1
    You HAVE removed the flywheel bolt? As stated earlier set up puller with tension,spray with penetrant, leave overnight with tension.I was told by a renowned engine builder to heat and THEN spray.Haven't tried but he knows what he's doing.

+1
    Heat then spray, spray then heat, either way the heat draws the oil up into that area.

+1
    Ive always found that penetrating oil on a flywheel is a waste of time.... (just my opinion). Use the correct puller and IIRC you cannot use the nose cone on the end of the puller bolt. That may be your mistake. Also, ensure the puller bolts (3 of them) are engaged fully. Then tighten the puller bolt fully, couple hits with an impact usually does it, then give the puller bolt a sharp rap with a large hammer. Pull up on the puller bolt, repeat until the flywheel comes free. When you reinstall it, DO NOT use anything on it, put it back on the shaft dry.

+1
    That will work fine, I use one just like it to pull most flywheels. Grease the center bolt and do not use the cone end. Insert a small bolt with shouldered head or washer that just sits in the crank snout loose. The puller center bolt will push on that instead of directly on the crank snout.

Jetski is working woop! Bendix was stuck, managed to free it up and it's running fine. I'm from the UK can anyone advise which battery is best for one of these, only thing we really need to get

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information