Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    +1

svho bogging. what could cause it?

I went for a ride yesterday and when starting to get on it partial load, it boggs down and in some instances, it almost stalled. This happend on partial loads at around 4500 plus rpm. The boost is also low so i think my clutch is on its way out but i dont think that would cause this issue. I tried clearing it up by going wot but it still did it. I could feel no power when wot and then a surge of power, again like its bogging or fuel related. I just changed the plugs about 6-8 hours ago. What could cause this issue? what should i check? FYI, boost was only hitting 15-16 lbs down about 5. it has a deans tune that ive been running for about a year without issue with the f1 17lb wheel.

2. +1 by:

+1
    What is your afr wot? I have had the same flat spot and notice is goes away when I back my fuel pressure during the summer. I think its a fuel issue.

Lake Lion
    +1
    You need Deans clutch if you never want this problem again. Change the slipping clutch now or risk supercharger damage.

+1
    AFR at WOT is about 11.9-12 it deffinetly feels like a fuel issue. when i starts boggin the AFR spikes lean but i think that because its not getting fuel and im in process to releasing throttle. When i go WOT to try and power past that flat spot, it still bogs but then power kicks in. You are saying i should lean it out a bit?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbutta View Post
    You need Deans clutch if you never want this problem again. Change the slipping clutch now or risk supercharger damage.
    That will be my next clutch for sure. So tired of the clutch going out every 10 hours.

+1
    Check to see if your inter cooler is not leaking water into the manifold. What you are describing is a common symptom for a leaking inter cooler. What happens is that you are getting water into the combustion chamber and it can not ignite therefore it will bog out, misfire under WOT. Can not say if it is this for sure but absolutely something i would take a look at and eliminate as a potential issue.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DanSVHO View Post
    AFR at WOT is about 11.9-12 it deffinetly feels like a fuel issue. when i starts boggin the AFR spikes lean but i think that because its not getting fuel and im in process to releasing throttle. When i go WOT to try and power past that flat spot, it still bogs but then power kicks in. You are saying i should lean it out a bit?
    11.9-12, no I would not lean it out.

+1
    Ok. I will check that sore sure. whats the easiest way to check for leaks? hook it up to hose out of the ski? would water start filling up in the fins/air chamber area?

Quote Originally Posted by Chimi_chang View Post
    Check to see if your inter cooler is not leaking water into the manifold. What you are describing is a common symptom for a leaking inter cooler. What happens is that you are getting water into the combustion chamber and it can not ignite therefore it will bog out, misfire under WOT. Can not say if it is this for sure but absolutely something i would take a look at and eliminate as a potential issue.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DanSVHO View Post
    I tried clearing it up by going wot
    Why do we always try to solve problems with our ski's by going WOT!!! This really shouldn't be the go-to solution for jetski problems...

11. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimi_chang View Post
    This was extremely helpful for me, and I bet part of the OP's problem. I find it hard to believe that a tune would change dramatically enough that it would require an adjustment after running fine for a period of time.

13. +1 by:

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information