Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    +1
    Not sure what intercooler you are running, but the easiest way is to disconnect the coupling going to the throttle body. With the coupling disconnected back up the ski to a ramp or put the hose to it ( dont know what cooling setup you have) and rev it up a few times. If the intercooler core is leaking you will see the water in the air portion of the cooler. While you are down there check your throttle body dampener they are made out of rubber and when broken or leaking can cause bogging and lack of power.

+1
    Thanks. I am running the fizzle. I have a independent line that routes directly to intercooler then exists the starboard side pisser, not directed to the oil cooler. I removed the intercooler and noticed the inside was rather damp, not wet but deffinitly felt like there is moisture in there. I connected a hose to the intercooler lower barb and capped the exit but I didn’t notice a leak. Not sure what the pressure is on my hose but it’s pretty strong. I have a feeling it’s this givin the inside was damp. I wonder if fizzle will warranty it or at least give me a dealon a new one. I might send to him so he can test to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimi_chang View Post
    Not sure what intercooler you are running, but the easiest way is to disconnect the coupling going to the throttle body. With the coupling disconnected back up the ski to a ramp or put the hose to it ( dont know what cooling setup you have) and rev it up a few times. If the intercooler core is leaking you will see the water in the air portion of the cooler. While you are down there check your throttle body dampener they’re are made out of rubber and when broken or leaking can cause bogging and lack of power.

+1
    is the bov seating properly? could it be sticky? that would explain the low boost and the problem showing at 4500 rpm

+1
    Yes it’s seated correctly. I have the tial

+1
    What i meant was is the piston actuating correctly and seating inside the tial so there are no leaks when its in the closed position above 4500

+1
    The inside of the Fizzle Intercooler will have moisture from condensation that happens with the large temperature drop. If it pressure tested fine I would look elsewhere. A garden hose at full flow will put out plenty of pressure for a good test. They're usually 50-60 psi.

+1
    Yes, i can hear it closing. the valve closes by 3200 rpm. any way to test the intercooler for a leak thats better than what i already did?
    Quote Originally Posted by jim c View Post
    What i meant was is the piston actuating correctly and seating inside the tial so there are no leaks when its in the closed position above 4500

8. +1 by:

+1
    Ok, thanks for the reply. the cooler was deffinely wet inside so i thought it might be that. I will re-test with the garden hose to count it out 100% i wonder what else it can be....plugs?
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    The inside of the Fizzle Intercooler will have moisture from condensation that happens with the large temperature drop. If it pressure tested fine I would look elsewhere. A garden hose at full flow will put out plenty of pressure for a good test. They're usually 50-60 psi.

+1
    My tuned fx just dropped in speed by 6 mph the other week. Checked for boost leaks, something in pump, plugs.. nope, big blowout hole underneath right before the intake grate. Almost fifixed now but I sure hope that's what was slowing her down

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rook87 View Post
    ... big blowout hole underneath right before the intake grate. ...
    What is a blowout hole?

12. +1 by:

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information