Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 344
  1. #21
    moparguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Ontario
    Posts
    1,672
    +1
    327
    Up here in the great white north it's our version of memorial day today so hopefully someone is open today so I can grab a sensor locally. Otherwise its tomorrow I'll do the swap, leaving the fuel pressure at 60 and gonna put a load on it just stay outtake boost. I'm basing my tuning on W.W.D.D(what would dinomite do)


  2. #22
    ptscon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,749
    +1
    789
    Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    Up here in the great white north it's our version of memorial day today so hopefully someone is open today so I can grab a sensor locally. Otherwise its tomorrow I'll do the swap, leaving the fuel pressure at 60 and gonna put a load on it just stay outtake boost. I'm basing my tuning on W.W.D.D(what would dinomite do)
    Big $ to buy locally, probably $250+ at Partsource ..you could grab one locally then order from amazon for $100 and when it gets to you return the amazon one to Partsource

  3. #23
    moparguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Ontario
    Posts
    1,672
    +1
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    Big $ to buy locally, probably $250+ at Partsource ..you could grab one locally then order from amazon for $100 and when it gets to you return the amazon one to Partsource
    Keep in mind I buy at trade so cost plus 5%, hoping it wont be that high. That's a great idea grab one one today and exchange tomorrow. It's the same sensor as found on late 90s early 2000s vw and audi's with the 1.8 turbo(I think, hopefully Crappy tire has one)

  4. #24
    Bob 1tommygunner1927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    7,967
    +1
    1,753
    Just a heads up...4.2 and 4.9 sensors use a different plug end. Also, the 4.2 sensor needs to be Free Air calibrated.

  5. #25
    moparguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Ontario
    Posts
    1,672
    +1
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    Just a heads up...4.2 and 4.9 sensors use a different plug end. Also, the 4.2 sensor needs to be Free Air calibrated.
    Thanks for the info, I knew about the free air calibration but didnt know about the plug end. By the time I have this running right, I think I'll have pulled all my hair out, fun and games

  6. #26
    ptscon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,749
    +1
    789
    It's not just a plug difference between 4.2 and 4.9 the controller is also different so make sure your controller supports the version you get.

  7. #27
    moparguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Ontario
    Posts
    1,672
    +1
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    It's not just a plug difference between 4.2 and 4.9 the controller is also different so make sure your controller supports the version you get.
    I know mechanical fuel injection and carbs, this electronic stuff is so darn complicated.

  8. #28
    moparguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Ontario
    Posts
    1,672
    +1
    327
    Good news, just got a different tune from Jesus. AFRs at cold idle are now 12.3 to 12.7, now time to get it wet!! Big thanks to all the guys that have helped me to this point.

  9. +1 by:


  10. #29
    moparguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Ontario
    Posts
    1,672
    +1
    327
    Got her in the water, watching afrs at 500rpm increments. 4500 and above I'm in the mid 12s and 7500rpm low 12s high 11s. Thought I'd do a mild pull from 40mph, Intake manifold split again. Fml, more fun and games

  11. #30
    WakePirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    LOST SOMEWHERE
    Posts
    759
    +1
    134
    are you running the Works or Riva Girdle?
    or just factory?

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Oem fuel pressure regulator adjustment
    By Sharkdiver1125 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-09-2018, 09:00 PM
  2. ET137 + 4 Will I need Fuel Pressure or anything else?
    By Yanksfan in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 05-08-2015, 04:13 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-04-2014, 10:57 AM
  4. Fuel pressure setting for an ET Low boost setup?
    By Yellow93 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-20-2013, 12:53 PM
  5. Who Is Running an EGT or A/F or Fuel Pressure
    By rxpxseadog in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 06:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •