Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 346
  1. #281
    Whats the most MPH you guys are seeing with the 142? My buddy just went 84mph @ 8680 rpm (stock cluster) on his 19 RXT with the 135mm. Ski has Fizzle IC, ET135 wheel, maptuner x w/ riva 8800 vt11 flash and a home made intake.

  2. #282
    moparguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Ontario
    Posts
    1,876
    +1
    377
    So after getting the Eastside stage 3 cam in and whatnot. I started having weird ibr issues, light would flash and it would go into limp mode. Upon the suggestion of a very wise man, I load tested battery. Sure enough she was weak, so new AGM went in. Cranked quicker but didnt fix my problems with the ibr. But after leaning out the idle to 13.2-13.7 and having it idle around 2000rpm. Seems to be the sweet spot, I think what was happening. Was due to the aggressive idle with this cam, the rectifier wasnt putting out enough voltage. As it was just under the threshold of the regulator. Finally idle dialed in and ibr working, now for the fun stuff. Logging and getting the rest of the tune dialed in.

  3. #283
    rick xp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,022
    +1
    9
    I have a 142mm with a custom cam and I can tell you the stock fuel pump def does not keep up. Just been battling trying to AFRís down and upgraded to a walbro and instantly better.

    Still seeing some AFR creep so donít know if losing fuel pressure.

    What props you guys using? The only prop I have found so far which is steep enough is the stock 300 prop which Iím spinning to 8800 at the moment.

  4. #284

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jax,FL
    Posts
    4,605
    +1
    940
    Quote Originally Posted by rick xp View Post
    I have a 142mm with a custom cam and I can tell you the stock fuel pump def does not keep up. Just been battling trying to AFR’s down and upgraded to a walbro and instantly better.

    Still seeing some AFR creep so don’t know if losing fuel pressure.

    What props you guys using? The only prop I have found so far which is steep enough is the stock 300 prop which I’m spinning to 8800 at the moment.
    I used to think the same thing about the stock pump. But several people I know including a friend with a new TX that I tuned on a Motec with a fuel pressure sensor on a stock pump, cam, 142 charger and it's keeping up. You might want to check the filter in the fuel sending unit, I bet it's getting clogged up. Either way I don't think you can go wrong upgrading the pump but the stock pump isn't the issue in most cases from what I've seen.

    Stock prop seems to be the best option IMO as well for the higher HP skis. For lower HP skis I like the 13/18 solas 3 blade.

  5. #285
    rick xp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,022
    +1
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    I used to think the same thing about the stock pump. But several people I know including a friend with a new TX that I tuned on a Motec with a fuel pressure sensor on a stock pump, cam, 142 charger and it's keeping up. You might want to check the filter in the fuel sending unit, I bet it's getting clogged up. Either way I don't think you can go wrong upgrading the pump but the stock pump isn't the issue in most cases from what I've seen.

    Stock prop seems to be the best option IMO as well for the higher HP skis. For lower HP skis I like the 13/18 solas 3 blade.

    I adjusted the fuel map 3 times which made no change to the AFRís. changed the pump and nothing else and AFR went from 12.9 to 10.5. Stock pump is def not up to it thatís for sure.

  6. #286

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jax,FL
    Posts
    4,605
    +1
    940
    Quote Originally Posted by rick xp View Post
    I adjusted the fuel map 3 times which made no change to the AFR’s. changed the pump and nothing else and AFR went from 12.9 to 10.5. Stock pump is def not up to it that’s for sure.
    Well the stock pump is definitely not up to pumping through a clogged up fuel filter. I'm just saying a stock pump with a clean fuel filter should be fine with a big charger and cam. I used to think the same thing then a ski I was tuning on, we checked the fuel filter and it was a mess. Soon as we put in an inline filter it was fine.

    FYI the fuel filter is a the top of the sending unit and can't be replaced without replacing the whole unit. You can bypass it and put an automotive filter inline.

  7. #287
    moparguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Ontario
    Posts
    1,876
    +1
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by rick xp View Post
    I have a 142mm with a custom cam and I can tell you the stock fuel pump def does not keep up. Just been battling trying to AFRís down and upgraded to a walbro and instantly better.

    Still seeing some AFR creep so donít know if losing fuel pressure.

    What props you guys using? The only prop I have found so far which is steep enough is the stock 300 prop which Iím spinning to 8800 at the moment.
    You have your RRFPR set to static and 58-60lbs? I'm running a 13/18 solas depitched to 13/16 with a l13 cone

  8. #288
    rick xp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,022
    +1
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    You have your RRFPR set to static and 58-60lbs? I'm running a 13/18 solas depitched to 13/16 with a l13 cone
    Yeah running a RRFPR set to 60 psi.

    I used to run that prop repitched a 17 but found it would spend too much time on the limiter and was reving too high 9k+.

  9. +1 by:


  10. #289
    moparguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Ontario
    Posts
    1,876
    +1
    377
    Ok so... after going back and forth with Dino, Slow91 and Jesus. It looks like the tune is almost dialed in yeah!!! The stage 3 grind from Eastside sounds bad ass and big difference in the way the ski pulls was thinking finally things working and I can ride. But then the silicone coupler split between waterbox and jpipe. Always something with this ski vid coming soon, once the gremlins are gone.

  11. #290

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jax,FL
    Posts
    4,605
    +1
    940
    Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    Ok so... after going back and forth with Dino, Slow91 and Jesus. It looks like the tune is almost dialed in yeah!!! The stage 3 grind from Eastside sounds bad ass and big difference in the way the ski pulls was thinking finally things working and I can ride. But then the silicone coupler split between waterbox and jpipe. Always something with this ski vid coming soon, once the gremlins are gone.
    Sounds like you need to spend more time with Jesus.


Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Oem fuel pressure regulator adjustment
    By Sharkdiver1125 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-09-2018, 09:00 PM
  2. ET137 + 4 Will I need Fuel Pressure or anything else?
    By Yanksfan in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 05-08-2015, 04:13 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-04-2014, 10:57 AM
  4. Fuel pressure setting for an ET Low boost setup?
    By Yellow93 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-20-2013, 12:53 PM
  5. Who Is Running an EGT or A/F or Fuel Pressure
    By rxpxseadog in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 06:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •