Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by toxicgun View Post
    it is definitely not 12.5 inches longs. Mine is in the ski but it is for sure around the 8 inch mark not 12 inches.
    I think he was talking about the shaft from the pump to the mid bearing not the intermediate shaft.He said that the motor would push against the shaft but yes the intermediate shaft is no where near 12.5 inches sorry for the confusion.I would like to run a 1 piece shaft with a custom sealed bearing set up like the riva carbon ring del but a little different like I said when I get to that point I will have very detailed pics and hopes it helps others.

Do you run the yam or doo pump. I am debating on making a plate to run both or just bore out the 155 pump has anyone ever done this.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrousballa45 View Post
    I think he was talking about the shaft from the pump to the mid bearing not the intermediate shaft.He said that the motor would push against the shaft but yes the intermediate shaft is no where near 12.5 inches sorry for the confusion.I would like to run a 1 piece shaft with a custom sealed bearing set up like the riva carbon ring del but a little different like I said when I get to that point I will have very detailed pics and hopes it helps others.

Do you run the yam or doo pump. I am debating on making a plate to run both or just bore out the 155 pump has anyone ever done this.
    the shaft from pump to midwall is a stock piece in the 20-22 inch long range. If you push the motor too far back it will wipe out the thrust bearing from pushing on the midwall bearing. I am running the yamaha ho pump. What are you trying to achieve? you sound like you are reinventing the wheel to me. Unless you are trying to break a world record I would just run what is tried and true.

[QUOTE=toxicgun;3014295]the shaft from pump to midwall is a stock piece in the 20-22 inch long range. If you push the motor too far back it will wipe out the thrust bearing from pushing on the midwall bearing. I am running the yamaha ho pump. What are you trying to achieve? you sound like you are reinventing the wheel to me. Unless you are trying to break a world record I would just run what is tried and true.[/QUOTE

I am not reinventing anything.I seen a set up and it went 107 mph and the shaft set up was not like you are saying.The set up I seen is redviperrxp and he said the motor was pushing into the mid shaft seems like there is a way to keep that crank from pushing that far back. perhaps shim the crank inside some where I don't know I havn't been in the motor yet but I will figure it out

+1
    [QUOTE=nitrousballa45;3014314]
    the shaft from pump to midwall is a stock piece in the 20-22 inch long range. If you push the motor too far back it will wipe out the thrust bearing from pushing on the midwall bearing. I am running the yamaha ho pump. What are you trying to achieve? you sound like you are reinventing the wheel to me. Unless you are trying to break a world record I would just run what is tried and true.[/QUOTE

I am not reinventing anything.I seen a set up and it went 107 mph and the shaft set up was not like you are saying.The set up I seen is redviperrxp and he said the motor was pushing into the mid shaft seems like there is a way to keep that crank from pushing that far back. perhaps shim the crank inside some where I don't know I havn't been in the motor yet but I will figure it out
    is your goal to go 107mph?

[QUOTE=toxicgun;3014336]

is your goal to go 107mph?

Actually faster if that's ok with you bud.

when you see the build you will know i'm serious is all I can say.

+1
    [QUOTE=nitrousballa45;3014341]

Actually faster if that's ok with you bud.
    no reason for sarcasm, just asking to help point you in the right direction. Good luck.

[QUOTE=toxicgun;3014361]

no reason for sarcasm, just asking to help point you in the right direction. Good luck.
    well it sounded like you were being that way to me.I am here to learn and help and if I offended you was not meant that way my friend.I am having to do everything on my own no one around my area doing what I'm doing .I would love to have fellow members come help I have a small machine shop got tired of waiting on machine shops then being told excuses. I slowly accumulated one over the years and I am a mad scientist when it comes to this stuff.

I would appreciate any and all help any one wants to send my way I would be very grateful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information