Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    +1

Should I get a new kawi 310 or a sea doo rxt 300

I'm looking to pick up a new ski , I want either the sea doo rxt x 300 or the kawi 310x , I'm not looking to start a pissing match or hear the brand loyalists not being honest, from what I understand they both are going to run 74 or 75 miles an hour once I get them "ungovernd" pretty much that's the only modification I would do, I'm really mostly concerned with reliability , we have short Seasons here so I like to ride everyday and I like to ride hard, which one realistically you think will be the most reliable if I leave it stock besides the plug in to let it get to full speed

Thanks in advance

+1
    I have never ridden either, but I would definitely go with the SeaDoo, as it has way more features than the Kawi.

SeaDoo has the ergo lock that keeps you pinned to the seat in aggressive cornering, ST3 hull which everyone is raving about, the new "swim platform", modular seat, direct access front storage, iBR, etc...

https://www.sea-doo.com/watercraft/p...rxt-x-300.html

Kawasaki has a lever reverse. Really?

As for reliability; I'm sure they're similar.

+1
    If it was me, I'd go Kawi. Personally, I like the Eaton twin screw charger better. The 310 has been unchanged for many years (some don't like that, but my feeling is, if it works, leave it alone) with a very successful track record. They don't have all the bells and whistles Seadoo offers, but I personally don't need all that crap. More things to go wrong. The IBR system is nice, just not necessary for me.
    They do have the 310 R also.
    Just my 3 cents worth.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Xspook View Post
    I have never ridden either, but I would definitely go with the SeaDoo, as it has way more features than the Kawi.

SeaDoo has the ergo lock that keeps you pinned to the seat in aggressive cornering, ST3 hull which everyone is raving about, the new "swim platform", modular seat, direct access front storage, iBR, etc...

https://www.sea-doo.com/watercraft/p...rxt-x-300.html

Kawasaki has a lever reverse. Really?

As for reliability; I'm sure they're similar.
    'Ergo-Lock' is just a skinny seat--I guess that would just be personal preference. Who needs a swim platform on a PWC? I've got one on my boat, but don't need one on a PWC. I like the 'direct access front storage' idea, I just wonder how securely it's held on. SeaDoo has a reputation for making 'jicky' stuff that just doesn't seem to hold up well. They bring new ideas to market without thorough testing--the customer does the testing.

Nothing wrong with a reverse lever. I've used a lever to switch to reverse on my cars for 50 years. I've had a lot of JetSkis that didn't even have reverse. My airplanes haven't had reverse, either.

Both have had major problems with supercharged engines in the past. I think they've finally reached the point of acceptable reliability, hence I finally bought one (Kawasaki).

I had a 2011 Rxt-X AS and while i never had any issues with it (bought with 100hrs and sold at 200hrs), I took a leap to a brand new 2016 310R for the reasons mentioned by Rodsatheart.

It was the best decision I made and would repeat it if I had to do it all over again. Factory speed is more than enough for a recreational rider and in the ocean the seadoo hull is no match for the kawasaki.

Ibr motor is around a thousand dollars. when it fails
    do you really need a brake on a jetski ?

+1
    Thanks for all the feedback so far, I'm not going to commention with my opinions yet because I want to hear other people's opinions still and I don't want to risk getting into arguments, my last ski was a 2011 Kawasaki 300X, I'm actually going to go right now to some of the dealers and take a look, at first I was going to just go out and buy another kawi, but then some people suggested I check out the Sea-Doo and now it's got to be on the fence

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by KU310R View Post
    I had a 2011 Rxt-X AS and while i never had any issues with it (bought with 100hrs and sold at 200hrs) ...

... for a recreational rider and in the ocean the seadoo hull is no match for the Kawasaki.
    You are comparing your 2011 Seadoo against the 2016 Kawasaki hull, correct?

The new for 2018 Seadoo ST3 hull is considered to be a significant change from the older Seadoo hulls/models.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    'Ergo-Lock' is just a skinny seat--I guess that would just be personal preference.
    That's wrong, ergo-lock allows you to lock your knees up against the top of the seat so you're hanging onto the ski with your legs not your arms. Unless you've ridden one you have no idea what it is.

+1
    It’s going to take a little more then just remapping the ECU on 310 Kawasaki to get to 75mph. Even then your about maxed out, unless you go turbo. Seadoo or Yamaha easy choice. Kawi needs to step up there game...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information